Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
5/25/09 update PO-A (Read 2259 times)
helmar36
Browser

5/25/09 update PO-A
05/29/09 at 12:39:18

I just installed the latest 5/25/09 update.  I see that the PO-A has totally changed..just need to get use to it.  But it is not automatically incrementing the next PO#.  Also the list is in reverse numerical order.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Eric Schmidt
Micron Industries of Rochester, Inc.
  IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Re: 5/25/09 update PO-A
Reply #1 - 05/29/09 at 13:02:32

The Menu now calls T7POA. much like T7INA,INB, WOA, ARA, APA  and by next release SOA.  It should be auto incrementing as it always has. If you add a new PO and leave the number 0 then when you save it will assign the next PO number as defined in SD-R Assign Next Document numbers.  

As for the sort order, what are you seeing, I get the list in numerical order lowest to highest and it starts at the highest to show you the last ones that were created. (assuming you are using the incremental numbers and not assigning numbers yourself)

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
helmar36
Browser

Reply #2 - 05/29/09 at 14:24:43

I am having many problems with PO-A

1) when entering a new PO, it is not using the next available. it is keeping it '0'.  I have now created 3 PO's all with the number '0' issued to it.  

2) I am unable to delete these POs.  When doing a look up, I see the button for delete.  It asks if I am sure that I want to delete the data.  I answer yes and a new window pops up "I need to Delete This PO    0 someday..."  I went into DBA classic and was able to delete them.

3)When printing the PO, it does not fill in the range (which I assume should be the last PO I just created).  When I manually type in the PO for the range it works, except that it will not print the title "Purchase Order" on top.  I do have 'Y' filled in under print Title in SD-C for printing

4) When I do a look up for PO's it starts with the lowest and increases, opposite of what you explained.

When I use DBA Classic, I have none of the above issues.  Did I mess something up when updating?  I did install the patches, because I saw some of the same issues with WO-A, but I see the patch fixed them.

Eric Schmidt
  IP Logged
helmar36
Browser

Reply #3 - 06/02/09 at 08:49:33

my last message may have been unclear.  The patches that I downloaded fixed the issues that I saw with WO-A.  I am still having the same issues with PO-A as described above

Eric Schmidt
  IP Logged
helmar36
Browser

Reply #4 - 06/09/09 at 06:08:59

OK...just installed the 3rd patch.  This is what I am still having a problem with:
1) When printing from the PO-A, the title "Purchase Order" does not print at the top of my form.  But, when printing using PO-B, it prints fine.  Also, in DBA Classic, it print fine.
2) When doing a look up of POs in PO-A, the screen lists in increasing numerical order, but defaults to the earliest PO's.  I need to hit the last record arrow to see the last ones created.  Not a big deal, but in doing the same lookup in WO-A, the screen lists the WO in the same increasing numerical order, but it defaults to showing the latest WO's created (I like it this way...one less button to push).

Eric Schmidt
  IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #5 - 06/09/09 at 08:10:10

1) The Title issue I will look at.

2) Use SU-A and edit POHEADERS  there is a check box that says START AT END.. check that and save.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
helmar36
Browser

Reply #6 - 06/09/09 at 13:13:38

1) thanks for looking into my Title issue
2) Your instructions for altering the PO-A query worked...Thank you
3) I just ran into another issue.  I tried copying a closed PO through PO-C.  I left the PO# field blank so that it would use the next available.  Instead, it used a recently closed PO.  Example: I was reviewing PO# 6200 and copied it.  The next available PO was 6395.  Instead it used 6387.  PO #6387 was a recent PO that was closed (because I received and entered the invoice).  So I actually had two PO# 6387s.

Eric Schmidt
  IP Logged
carie

Reply #7 - 06/10/09 at 13:10:58

We also are having problems with PO-A not progressing to the next number. We just had to fix 2 PO's that were number "0".

~Carie

Updated to 5/25/09 update with all avail patches.

Evo-ERP Version 2015.2 with Build 7/02/2015
Pervasive 11.3 - 10 licenses / DBA since 2002

Carie Kirk
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email   IP Logged
heliosquare

Reply #8 - 06/11/09 at 16:20:17

Quote from helmar36 on 06/09/09 at 06:08:59:

1) When printing from the PO-A, the title "Purchase Order" does not print at the top of my form.  But, when printing using PO-B, it prints fine.  Also, in DBA Classic, it print fine.

same issue here...

WWW   IP Logged
carie

Reply #9 - 06/12/09 at 10:05:32

Is there a patch for the PO's all being assigned the "0"?

~Carie

Pervasive 11.3 - 10 licenses / DBA since 2002

Carie Kirk
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email   IP Logged
carie

Reply #10 - 06/17/09 at 10:33:09

SD-R is set correctly but still not advancing. FYI