Send Topic Print
New Installation (Read 1514 times)
ocnsdvseac
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

New Installation
06/02/09 at 08:32:37

We will soon need to upgrade our computers.  What are the system requirements for Classic DBA?  Since we need to purchase new computers, I presume the computers will have Vista.  I have the DBA 2004.1 disc with Pervasive 2000i.  What about all the ISTech updates?  Where to I begin?

Thanks.
Phil
EB Industries

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: New Installation
Reply #1 - 06/10/09 at 09:44:11

See http://www.evoerpwiki.com/index.php?title=Moving_DBA_or_Evo-ERP_to_a_new_server  

You will probably have to upgrade Pervasive if you go with Vista - IS Tech is a Pervasive reseller so we can provide it for you.  You do not need the DBA CDs at all if you are upgrading Pervasive.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
ocnsdvseac
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/10/09 at 10:19:51

Lynn- I have three work stations and a server.  Does DBA require a stand alone server or can the server also be a work station?  Can I still print sales orders/invoices and checks on a dot matrix printer?  Also, is there a single update that will bring my system to the current version of DBA Classic.

Thanks.
Phil

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 06/10/09 at 11:56:41

You can use a workstation as a "server" for a small group such as yours.  The latest (5/25/09) update is a cumulative update so installing it will bring you to the current version.  

Assuming you can get Vista drivers for your dot matrix printers, DBA Classic can still use them for Invoices and such but not checks.  The "Generic" printer driver in XP or NT or anything newer advances to a 11 inch page even if it is set to "No Page Break"

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #4 - 06/10/09 at 12:40:01

Speaking of buying workstations, if you buy them from HP (online - the small business group), you can buy workstations with a license for Vista Business, but that have WinXP loaded onto them.

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
LeAnn Cucchiara

Reply #5 - 06/16/09 at 09:26:16

I know from previous threads that you are not supposed to mix versions of Pervasive.  How do you tell what version of Pervasive is running?  We have been hit with a virus that has wiped out my computer.  I had to reload Windows XP & now I can't get EVO to run on my computer.   Unfortunately EVO is not my only problem with loading programs so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Almost 2 weeks of dealing with this spamware/virus crap has pushed me to the ledge......  cry

* LeAnn Cucchiara

LeAnn Cucchiara
Plastronic Enclosures, Inc.
www.pei2000.com
Evo-ERP Version 2008.1
IS Tech Update 12/21/08 Build 12/22/08
Evolved from DBA Classic 2004.1
Email WWW lcucch01   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print