Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/23/24 at 05:24:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
using pass through query (Read 1807 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

using pass through query
10/13/09 at 12:08:50

Is it okay to create a simple query using pass through queries instead of making a table etc?  
I have three pass through queries for three different tables, and in the simple query I have used all three queries and established relationships between them in the query. It seems to work but I am not knowledgeable enough in pass through queries to know if this is going to cause problems.
I still have the issue of updating the pass through queries before running the report based on the simple query.  I am not a programmer and don't even know where to begin.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Re: using pass through query
Reply #1 - 11/04/09 at 14:57:13

I know I have asked alot of questions about this but I am working my way through trying to become a better access report builder.  
I have discovered that when I run the report based on the select query that is based on the pass through query, the pass through query is run also and my data in the report is up to date.  

Is there a down side to this method, as opposed to make table from the pass through and select query based on the make table?
I have managed to automate the pass through and make table on opening the database, but the make table takes a long time to execute.  Is this usual?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print