Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 01:02:47
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Periodic errors in IN-A (Read 5354 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Periodic errors in IN-A
10/27/09 at 06:31:53

We do seem to get periodic errors in IN-A when users click on the Sales Orders (shopping cart) icon. The errors are usually

FATAL ERR - File:  t7ina.SRC Line 595
The field you are trying to use is unallocated.  It may belong to a file that hasn't been opened yet, or was an array that was removed from memory - TMEP0
OK

No real rhyme or reason when it pops up, we've gotten maybe 3 or 4 since replacing the t7ina program file.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
carie

Re: Periodic errors in IN-A
Reply #1 - 10/27/09 at 12:22:42

I am getting a similiar fatal error in AR-A. Yesterday it about drove me crazy locking up my computer.

FATAL ERR - File:  WBLOOKUP.SRC Line 1155  
The field you are trying to use is unallocated.  It may belong to a file that hasn't been opened yet, or was an array that was removed from memory - BKAR.INVL.ESD
OK

Evo-ERP Version 2015.2 with Build 7/02/2015
Pervasive 11.3 - 10 licenses / DBA since 2002

Carie Kirk
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 11/24/09 at 07:03:26

Users in IN-A, doing SO lookups (shopping cart) --We are STILL getting these errors, they seem to be more or less the same one now:
Fatal Err:  File:  WBKLOOKUP.SRC Line:  4593.

Most time the error is "There is a fatal problem with the following expression. the problem may have to do with the parentheses..... etc. (same as before).

But we have also seen "The array brackets ([]) are not matched.    Followed by a message that looks to be Chinese or something else entirely (i.e. not readable).  

This new one (Chinese flavor) popped up today. Last night I applied the Pervasive PSQL SP3 for Netware for version 9.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #3 - 11/24/09 at 07:43:12

Ok -I was feeling luckey so I tried the IN-A and clicked on SO and I got 9 error messages - the last is the nonsence one - and now I am locked up - can not close the screen.  Will have to ctrl-alt-delete
I believe this is a big problem

Cheri Decker
Awareness Technology, Inc
Evo Version 2015.2; Build 7/2/15 Pervasive 10.12/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 11/24/09 at 08:03:43

I just tried it several times with various items... zero failures.

One note: I have recently completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything to do with Pervasive and Evo on my local machine. No idea why, but I have fewer errors since.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #5 - 11/24/09 at 10:13:28

Yeah ok, well I'll add that to my to do list for 30 PCs. Not going to happen any time soon.
I don't think that's the issue.  This just started with the last set of updates.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
maggie
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 11/24/09 at 13:12:45

We also have experienced periodic errors in IN-A when clicking on the sales order button.  We are using the 09-16-2009 SP4 ISTECH Update.  Error message read:
"The parentheses are unbalanced in this expression."  The second error message read, "FATAL ERR - File WBLOOKUP.SRC Line 2068".  "There is a fatal problem with the following expression.  The problem may have to do with parenthesesSadBKAR.INVL.PQTY <> VAL('0")).O. (BKARINVL.UBO <> VAL("O")).A.BKAR.INVL.PCODE= "4009A100-11"  Note:  4009A100-11 is our item number.

IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #7 - 11/24/09 at 14:01:35

I am able to get the error you mention above.  Repeatable and also the sporadic error also mentioned
In IN-A when I click on SO it takes 12 seconds to load.  That in itself is a problem.  No other box takes 12 full seconds to open... so people think it is locked and try to exit out.  12 seconds is too long.  Transactions and work order appear instantly - or 1-2 seconds...please look in the 12 second delay...
This is Repeatable.
If you try to exit before the 12 seconds has passed by clicking on the Red X box in the top right corner you will get error message "Access violation at address 00405824 in module 'evoerp.exe'.  Read of address BF57FFF8."  The next error is "Access violation at address 00004600.  Read of address 00004600."  Click ok - wait  3 seconds and get   "Access violation at address 00405CAD in module 'evoerp.exe'.  Read of address BF57FFFC."   Click ok - nothing happens - Click red X on the upper right and get ""Access violation at address 0134001.  Read of address 0134001."  

SPORADIC and no clear reason why this ERROR happens:
I also get a sporadic error message in the same screen - IN-A click on SO -  
"FATAL ERR - File:  wbklooksup.src.src: 4593
There is a fatal problem with the following expression.  The problem may have to do with parentheses: (  
BKAR.INVL.PQTY <> val("0" ) .O. (Bkar.invl.ubo <> val ("0" ) )

Cheri Decker
Awareness Technology, Inc
Evo Version 2015.2; Build 7/2/15 Pervasive 10.12/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #8 - 11/24/09 at 14:03:19

The SO button takes longer because it has to filter out all the closed Sales Orders (0 balance lines).  ARCHIVE the old Sales Orders!!!!!

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #9 - 11/25/09 at 05:29:31

I know we have gone thru this before, and I am sure each installation is different.....
Also, I have tried to talk management into Archiving, but they insist on having instant access to old orders.....and your explanation make sense.....
But...............................
Why in the world is it, that when you hit the SO button........
In T6INA and BKINA - the screen comes up INSTANTANEOUSLY.....
and in T7INA - it takes 10+ seconds....?????? Huh Huh Huh Huh

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #10 - 11/25/09 at 05:56:03

It looks like they are filtering the entire results set in the T7 version, whereas the DBA version just retrieves enough lines to fill the screen, then grabs the next batch as you page down. The second is much more efficient with larger result sets, the former is better with smaller sets unless you do some prefetching and finish sorting in the background. Limiting and paging potentially-large result sets is probably the best way to go, but is much trickier to program when you have to worry about compatibility with older versions of databases  undecided

RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #11 - 11/25/09 at 06:01:57

I guess that would make sense if there were large batches of sales orders (pages as you mention), but the two parts I have tried only have 4-6 open or BO sales orders (unless I misunderstand what you mean by "pages").   embarrassed

Mike Nessen
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #12 - 11/25/09 at 06:39:31

Interesting. So you are seeing that delay in the open SO listing and not in the shipped listing? We have five+ years of SOs, which is 13752 Sales Orders and 29172 Invoices and I only get a 2-second delay before seeing results. How many SOs do you have in there?

gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #13 - 11/25/09 at 06:43:52

Well, I'm glad to see others are getting the errors - not glad any of us are getting them, but I feel better.  Do we know when we will have a fix?

We've also see this error with the SO lookup:

Fatal Err - File:  WBKLOOKUP.SRC Line:  2068
There is a vatal problem with the following expression. The problem may be to do with the parentheses:  (etc etc). Same error message, points out the BKAR.INVL.PCODE=, and the line # is different, but essentially the same otherwise.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #14 - 11/25/09 at 07:11:26

hmmm......
Well - 9 years, ~15000 sales orders, ~18000 invoices.  We have sometimes seen an improvement when we have re-indexed the SO database file, but it seems be be temporary and climbs back up to 7-12 seconds rather quickly.  I guess I am just parroting the comments of my users about the lookup time difference between T6 and T7.

Also, I don't want to have this thread drift off......We are not seeing any errors in T7 or T6INA as noted above by others.  The only strange one that crops up since SP4 (or at least that I have noticed) is in BKINA......Go into IN-A, key in a part number, hit the PO or SO button, exit out of the PO or SO screen (the description is highlighted) - use the mouse cursor to click on the item number screen to look at another item and you get...

Access violation at address 00402DFF in module "tp7runtime.exe".  Read of address 068D0921.

Don't know if that helps any with any of the other errors, but almost none of my users use BKINA anymore except for one (and I have him trying the Classic view of T7INA since Allen fixed the SO screen so that Back Orders are now showing up)

Mike Nessen
Missy Burke
Browser

Reply #15 - 12/03/09 at 14:47:19

I tried to set one of my users back to T6INA.RUN and T6INB.RUN to alleviate the frequency of lockups/error messages, but it caused even more errors.  Did I miss something - another related program has to be changed back as well, perhaps?

Missy Burke
Awareness Technology, Inc.
Evo 2015.2
Pervasive 10/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
Email WWW   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #16 - 12/03/09 at 17:39:52

OH - that is not good.  T6 has been my fallback if the users really start crying about T7 (which isn't too loud yet).

Back to Colin's question - an addendum - 15000 sales orders, none of them archived (I know, everyone says it will be better if we archive and I almost have them talked into trying it) - but I still don't think I have gotten a good answer to this question - T7 - 10-12 seconds; T6 and BK - microseconds - why the difference? - Is it in the way that the new TAS does something??

Mike Nessen
Missy Burke
Browser

Reply #17 - 12/04/09 at 06:57:11

The lockups from using T6INA & T6INB don't occur until I try a lookup.  If I manually type a p/n in, it works fine.  Must be something to do with the grids.

Missy Burke
Awareness Technology, Inc.
Evo 2015.2
Pervasive 10/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #18 - 12/04/09 at 13:09:57

We still see errors in IN-A.  New one today from Walter:

IN-A  
Error reading form
Error Reading sbFileInfo.Left:  Out of system resources.
Ignore the error and continue? NOTE: Ignoring the error
may cause components to be deleted or property values to
be lost.

Is ths error really nothing?  Should my users be concerned?  They have plenty of workstation memory (2GB).

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print