Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 05:33:47
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
direct deposit  on paycheck (Read 2409 times)
Laura Oliver

direct deposit  on paycheck
11/12/09 at 09:02:06

I looked through the DBA archives  for the topic of employee paycheck direct deposits.

There seemed to be conflicting info.

I gleamed that DBA makes concessions for it, but there is some type of ACHE problem.  There was lament that the ACHE had to be done manually.

I am not even sure what ACHE is.

Please update me with the latest.   I would love to hear from some who uses DBA payroll and incorporates direct deposit.

Thanks,
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: direct deposit  on paycheck
Reply #1 - 01/12/10 at 13:05:36

Rather belatedly....

We use direct deposit with DBA. Well, we PREPARE for DD with DBA. DBA won't DO the DD. What it does is lump all the DD checks into one amount in the check register so you can balance your checking account more easily. This is much easier than the workaround we used to use for DD in DBA.

The actual process of putting money in the employee's accounts has to be done outside DBA, via ACHE (Automated Clearing House Entries). At the very least, you might be able to create a csv to upload to your banks ACH facilitator, but we just create manual ACH entries. Our bank uses a web based method, and all the employee info (with account numbers etc) is saved on their site. What we have to do for payroll is manually change the pay amounts and submit the batch. We also use ACH for our tax payments (940/941), and they are handled the same way.

If you have a lot of employees it could get tiresome, but with 12-15 it only takes maybe 15 minutes from the time you start entering pay info into DBA until it's all done.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print