Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/13/24 at 04:56:13
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need help with negative avg cost in IN-F report (Read 699 times)
khays

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

need help with negative avg cost in IN-F report
01/08/10 at 14:08:44

First, I'm using Std costing. I have 3  type R parts that have negative avg cost as of 12/31/09 on the IN-F report.  same report As of 01/06/10 is correct.  There is a price change entry in the transactions on 1/6.  I discovered that someone at some point changed these 3 parts to type A then back to R at the end of the year.  Can anyone tell me what files and what calculations are used to back out the IN-F report to a prior date - or have an idea of how I might correct the 12/31 avg  

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: need help with negative avg cost in IN-F repor
Reply #1 - 01/08/10 at 19:11:27

IN-F as of a prior date looks at the current on hand, Average cost & Book Value and backs out transactions back to the as of date.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
khays

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: need help with negative avg cost in IN-F repor
Reply #2 - 01/09/10 at 08:05:59

Lynn,  
Is it looking at invtxn.b to back out?  I see some differences in the IN-?(transactions report) and the data in invtxn.b
One particular item has a current UOH of 101 with avg & std of 11.41 with just one or two transactions since 12/31 @ 11.41.  But when I run the value as of 12/31 I get OH of 140 which is right but at -26.23.  I just can't follow the calculation at the moment.  There was a master and trans reconciliation done some where in there about the 1/4.  I'm thinking about faking a transaction to get this to look right. Any suggestions?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print