Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 13:05:26
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PR-A payroll history sort (Read 1710 times)
deburr

PR-A payroll history sort
03/18/10 at 08:53:04

Since the January update the records are not sorted by date any more. That also happens in some PR reports. This is a real nuisance.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: PR-A payroll history sort
Reply #1 - 03/22/10 at 08:50:18

See the last entry at http://www.istechsupport.com/faq.php.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #2 - 03/23/10 at 11:03:15

Lynn

Thanks for that link. Now I never had to do such a thing so I have a few questions. Do I need to get everyone out of the system? The instructions say the second parameter is -k{Key Number} What is the key number or how do I find that?

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #3 - 03/23/10 at 16:26:23

One way, is in EVO maintain database if you pull up a given file, it lists in the "Sort" field the different fields that are indexed. you'd have to assume the starting order is 0, 1, 2, etc.

another way, is to open up DBA Classic, and go into Maintain Database there. select the file you are intending on rebuilding, and you will see the Indexed fields with their corresponding numbers.

needless to say, the key number is what you are refering to as which indexed field.  

for all practical purposes you will use the key number 0 unless you want to have the records sorted during the rebuild on a different indexed field.

i didn't list the option that if you have an ODBC connection to the database, open the PCC and connect to that db, you can visit the properties of the table and see the indexes too. it should match up accordingly, however be aware that you are looking at different dictionary files than the one EVO uses. they technically are the same, base on last time they were created..... but i didn't want to muddy the waters too much.

ok, HTH.

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print