Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 18:23:39
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Disappearing Sales Orders (Read 3740 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Disappearing Sales Orders
03/19/10 at 13:56:19

This is a weird one, we've had a few sales orders "disappear" in the past, oh 2-3 months.  The most recent one was one entered yesterday and accounting noticed it was missing this afternoon. The sales person re-entered it.  When we were alerted to some orders missing, we went in and set the SD-Q Default for "Prevent Delete SO in SO-A" to Y for both our companies).  That was two weeks ago.  So this has happened since that was set to prevent deleting.  I ran a sales order change report and this latest one shows up on the 18th (the day it was entered) as having the price, qty and ship dates all changed to zero for all line items.  That would have effectively closed the order, but there is no way anyone could delete the order.  

So how did it get deleted?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
cdecker

Re: Disappearing Sales Orders
Reply #1 - 04/14/10 at 06:51:56

We have also had two Sales vanish recently.  Just Monday we entered an order and printed the acknowledgement.  I do not recall anything unusual happening before, during or after entering the original order.  The customer wanted to add something to the order and that is when we noticed that the order was gone.   To correct this we went back into the SO module and re-entered the order using the same number.

Cheri Decker
Awareness Technology, Inc
Evo Version 2015.2; Build 7/2/15 Pervasive 10.12/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 04/15/10 at 09:01:17

Well, make sure you have turned off the ability to allow users to delete the sales order. I have done that, and I see a number missing in the SO listing that looks like it would have been generated today, so I'll have to investigate.....hope it has an explanation. Counting this one I think we've had 4 go missing since I shut off the delete ability.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
daletone
Browser

Reply #3 - 06/01/11 at 13:01:16

This has happened to us as well.  The option to delete sales orders has been turned off and we have come up with a missing sales order number - but a printed acknowledgment to prove its existence.  Has anyone received an explanation from Lynn or her team?

Dale Ames
Manufacturing Engineer
Beswick Engineering
DBA (10 users), EvoERP (10 users)
PSQL 10.10
Email WWW defdale   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 07/11/11 at 05:20:00

This has now happened to us twice. The first time we did not know how, but this time we have a clue. A/R applied a prepayment to an order, then went in to the SO and added a note. After saving the note she went to look at the SO to be sure the note was in there. Gone. Looking at the tables I see that everything is gone. Nothing in BKARINV, nothing in BKARINVL, and nothing in BKARDESC.  

Based on this I would guess that saving a note is sometimes firing the delete routine. Very scary.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #5 - 07/19/11 at 05:29:51

More info. This time it happened to a very experienced order entry person, so we have the exact chain of events.

Using T6SOA.RUN, she opened an SO that was created on July 1st. It had been edited and printed previously. She went in to the header, clicked SO Notes, added a line at the bottom, clicked Save, then returned to the header and saved the SO. She even recalls being asked if she wanted to use the default ending lines, to which she answered Yes.  

All traces of this SO are now gone; header, 3 lines, and six or more lines of notes. BKARINV, BKARINVL, and BKARDESC are scrubbed clean as if someone had used the Delete button, which we know is not possible because that feature is disabled and I am the only person who knows how to turn it on/off.

I'd be happy to send over my BKARINV, BKARINVL and BKARDESC tables if you'd like to test with them or look at them.

NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #6 - 07/20/11 at 12:18:37

I have added a brute force fix for this issue and Colin is testing it out. If all goes well it will be in the next Post.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #7 - 03/30/12 at 04:20:17

So, has this been fixed? If so it will give me impetus to apply the latest update...
tx,

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #8 - 03/30/12 at 04:57:31

Yes, thankfully, this bizarre behavior was nipped in the bud.

David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #9 - 03/30/12 at 04:58:45

Thank You!

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user