Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 14:04:39
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Update Restructure taking long time (Read 524 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Update Restructure taking long time
04/15/10 at 18:05:40

Running the update for January and the restructure part of it is taking 4-ev-ver!  I know our tables are huge because they have not archived or purged (the current table being restructured I think had over 90,000 records.  I could easily be here all night, and I can't.  It's already 9PM and I started this at 4ish.
How come it takes so long?  There's no activity on the network server other than this update.  Could it
be the logging option?

04/16/10 - update  

The whole upgrade was actually started at 4:00PM and it completed at 10:57PM.  I think because we have two companies, and there is so much data in some of the tables, that this upgrade process took so very long (due to the restructure). I suggested Lynn include in future upgrade install notes if there will be data tables restructured just so folks who have large tables or multiple companies know the update will take a bit longer.  (I had a certification class to be at last night which I obviously missed because I had no idea this would take so long. And THANK GOODNESS I deleted our four test companies before I did this upgrade--otherwise I would have been screaming!  The restructure occurred on any existing company, which was our two live companies plus the 99 company).

« Last Edit: 04/16/10 at 11:00:42 by gtladmin »  

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print