Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ODBC Errors (Read 1803 times)
bbjarn
Ex Member

ODBC Errors
04/29/10 at 09:25:13

Hello all,

I have a customer that uses Pervasive and DBA. My company recently migrated them from SBS 2003 32-bit with Pervasive 9 to SBS 2008 64-bit with Pervasive 10.

When we made the move things worked just fine, they could still work within DBA and life was good.

Recently we've found that since we migrated servers one of their pieces of software has stopped working. They have an Access database that injects information in to Pervasive (I think is how it works) and it's been giving an error when we attempt to do so.

The error they are getting is "Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement." and I am just at a loss to explain what is going on.

When we migrated servers I made sure to re-create the System DSN in Data Sources (ODBC) in Administrative Tools on the server and workstations.

Do any of you have ideas about this? Any help would be much appreciated!

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: ODBC Errors
Reply #1 - 04/29/10 at 09:48:38

Pervasive has not developed 64-bit ODBC drivers, so the system ships with no drivers. You need to get the 32-bit drivers from their site to install. Not pretty, but it does work fine. Check their site for more information.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
bbjarn
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/29/10 at 12:02:47

Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't know very much about Pervasive or any of this stuff, so I'm kind of shooting in the dark to get this accomplished -- do you have any more detailed information on how to do what you're suggesting? Sorry  undecided

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 04/30/10 at 04:42:32

You say you have the server DSN working... can you set up a client DSN and get to the data with Excel or Crystal Reports or some such with a SELECT query? If you were able to set up the client DSN it would seem that you have ODBC drivers from which to select.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print