Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with test update (Read 905 times)
kbolander
Browser

Sorry for partying.

Help with test update
06/21/10 at 09:32:32

I copied the DBAMFG folder from our server onto my local computer's C:\ drive so I could run a test update on our system. In the past. Our current version of EVO is 2006.1, Pervasive 10, windows server 2003, windows XP PC. First off, I printed out the "update EVO" instructions so I've been using these as a guide, but then I ran into a few issues which could not be resolved...  

I ran the Pervasive thing on the File.B's and started the setup for the 1/22/10 update, which installed just fine (Note: I did not see ANY of the pictures shown on the instructions sheet, the setup just zipped through until it was done). I then copied the files in the patch jan2210sp3 directly into the DBAMFG folder. Next, I tried to run the C:\DBAMFG\EVOERP.EXE setup and got the "there are users logged into the system..." error. So I started over from running the update again, only to find that I cannot get rid of this error no matter how many times I re-run the update. DBA workstation does not install either.

The only thing I can think of that could be wrong is I coped the DBAMFG folder from my server which had users logged into it, and maybe there's a ACTIVE_USERS file which is still has people logged in.

Anyone know how to resolve this? We're getting a new server, and I'm not going to apply the update/patch to our current database unless I can get this working.  

Thanks,

Kellen

Email   IP Logged
kbolander
Browser

Sorry for partying.

Re: Help with test update
Reply #1 - 06/21/10 at 09:43:40

I don't know why I have an "Ex Member" by my name... I'm still here!

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Help with test update
Reply #2 - 06/23/10 at 19:53:24

If you didn't see the various screens as shown in the instructions, the update didn't run.  Start over and make sure you can load Evo on the stand-alone copy before you try to update it.  I suspect that the copy is missing some files.  Try copying again when all files are closed.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print