Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/01/24 at 11:37:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Betrieve 11 Error after loading DBA Classic Win 7 (Read 2704 times)
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Betrieve 11 Error after loading DBA Classic Win 7
06/29/10 at 13:23:12

Hi all!
I am hoping someone can help me.....we have DBA Classic vs. 2000.2 and have loaded it on a PC running Win 7 Pro-32 bit.  We have confirmation that the software installed correctly and the database was installed correctly.  However, when we go to run the program, we get an Betrieve 11 error and the program shuts down.

Can someone please explain what is happening and how we can possibly fix it?  I don't know what other info you need...hit me and I will find it out.  We are looking to upgrade a bunch of PC's and if we can't get DBA to run on Win 7, well I will probably just go cry in a corner.  cry

Thanks in advance!!!

Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Betrieve 11 Error after loading DBA Classic Wi
Reply #1 - 06/30/10 at 06:25:23

I am running Evo on Win 7 just fine. When I installed the Pervasive 2000i client on the computer I did the right-click and select install as Administrator trick. I did the same when installing Evo, I went to the server and right-clicked on evoerp.exe and selected Run as Administrator. Just to be safe, I also right-clicked the desktop Evo icon to Run as Administrator the first time.  

Runs like a champ, now. However, I neglected these steps the first time I tried the install and had lots of errors.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 06/30/10 at 07:53:46

I am also running on Win 7 but with Pervasive 10 rather than 2000i (which is no longer supported but as Colin says, can be made to work).  You do need to use the Right Click - Run as Administrator when installing Pervasive but if you are upgrading workstations, there is no DBA to install.  The workstations should be looking to the server for DBA.  If this is the station that will be acting as the DBA server, then simply copy the DBAMFG folder from the current location and share with full controil for all users.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #3 - 06/30/10 at 08:13:23

Thanks!  I am not sure how they loaded stuff as I wasn't doing it.  I will look into it.  OK...this leads me to another question.  We were going to migrate to Next Gen, but have decided to go with a whole different software platform.  That being said, DBA is still running on our older server on Windows Server 2000.  We have a newer server that is running Windows 2003 but we were unable to install DBA on that server.  

Lynn you made mention of patches/upgrades.....are there upgrades available that would allow us to move to the new server and deal with the Win 7 issue as well?

I have enough hardware knowledge to get in trouble....but I don't deal with the systems stuff as my full time job.  We have an outside service that does all our maintenance.  I am the controller and resident DBA "guru".  So please speak slowly and clearly....I can be a little slow.   Wink

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 06/30/10 at 12:41:01

I don't know why you would have been unable to load DBA and Pervasive 2000 to a Win 2003 server; we have hundreds of users who are or have used that platform.  The newer Pervasive 10 is the one officially supported for Windows 7 and 2008 but Pervasive 2000i should be fine on Windows 2003 server.  What problems did you have?   There is really no "installation" of DBA at all.  Simply install Pervasive and copy the DBAMFG folder to the new server from the old one.

The updates that we have available for DBA are changes to the program functions themselves, not operating system related.  It is the Pervasive that is the issue relating to different versions of Windows OS.  And of course we have Evo-ERP that moves DBA Classic into a Windows environment without having to retrain people and lose any historical data.  Consider that alternative before investing in a completely new system and spending $$$$$$ and losing all your history.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #5 - 06/30/10 at 12:57:02

Is it possible that we are not on 2000i?  Not sure where to even look to find that out.  Hmmmmm....not sure what the issue was when they did the conversion....I will have to get to my vendor and see what is in the notes.

Email   IP Logged
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #6 - 08/26/10 at 11:29:22

Ok guys!  I am getting the error AGAIN...but these are on our brand new machines and I am loading DBA for the first time....so here is what I did....

I went into our network where DBA is loaded and went to the Pervassive file.  Found the SETUP.EXE file and ran it as distributor.  One thing I noticed was that it told me it couldn't find SAMPLE data, but when I removed the sample at the end of the location it was able to test and told me that everything was working correctly.  I then went to the Workstation set up file and ran that SETUP.EXE file as administrator, and it loaded fine.

When I go to run DBA, it gives me the Btrieve 11 error.  

With the other laptop that was running 7, as soon as I ran the Pervassive setup file as admin, that fixed the problem and it is running fine.

SO WHAT DID I DO WRONG...or what am I missing?

Thanks!
 Sad

Email   IP Logged
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #7 - 08/26/10 at 11:30:30

That would be ran it as ADMINISTRATOR....sorry....apparently I can't type today!

Email   IP Logged
skyywalker

Use [the] Force
Luke!

Reply #8 - 08/28/10 at 11:29:20

Quote from dbldharris on 06/30/10 at 12:57:02:
Is it possible that we are not on 2000i?  Not sure where to even look to find that out.  Hmmmmm....not sure what the issue was when they did the conversion....I will have to get to my vendor and see what is in the notes.

Have you been able to confirm what version of Pervasive you're running on the server?

Have you installed the same version on your workstations?

In your initial post you said "We have confirmation that the software installed correctly..."  Can you explain the confirmation?

Please forgive me if you've already answered - i just glanced at the thread and jumped in.  Wink

Malcolm Boykin
Hectech Support, LLC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print