Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/16/24 at 10:59:00
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Want to Buy Input Consistency (Read 1065 times)
PROBES

quality, value,
service

Want to Buy Input Consistency
11/29/10 at 07:16:38

Running Evo~ERP Update 10/11/10 SP1, build 10/25/10 [just recently updated].
I use AutoHotKey to help write scripts and macros for various things I do daily and repetitively. This [usually] makes my day a little easier, except when I have to change my scripts to match the input changes in EVO. I can understand a change when it is useful and needed, but why did we have to change the WO# input box in WO-G [Issue Material]?  
You used to have to enter the 5 digit work order #, hit enter, then the 1 digit suffix. Now you have to enter the hyphen as well? What benefit is their to this?  
Yes, I'm nitpicking I know, but when WO-C [Print Travelers], or WO-I [Enter Finished Production] or [Insert Module Name Here] wasn't updated, what makes WO-G special?  
After using a database for years you can almost enter certain screens with your eyes closed because you have memorized the input order. Changing small things like this requires me to think of what I'm doing before I do them. Do you see the problem this created?  Shocked
Well, not only that but I have to update my scripts.  cry
-Mike

Probes Unlimited, Inc.
Manufacturer of Temperature Probes + Equipment
836 W. 8th Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
www.probesunlimited.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Want to Buy Input Consistency
Reply #1 - 11/29/10 at 09:45:28

I understand the dislike of change but it was done for a reason.  Some users wanted to use bar code scanners in the stockroom and scan travelers for WO-G and the old format wasn't scanning.  The format where you enter the dash rather than the {Enter} key between prefix and suffix is already on the DC-A screen and has been for a while.  At some point (probably when they are converted to T7 programs) the same change to input format will be made to the other work order related programs as well.  For somebody new to the system, typing what you see printed (with the dash) is more intuitive than the old method and it is not an extra key stroke, just a different one.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 11/29/10 at 09:47:10

On the other hand, WO-G now works bar code readers.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
PROBES

quality, value,
service

Reply #3 - 11/29/10 at 10:23:35

OK - Having the ability to barcode scan falls into my category of "When useful and needed" so I can understand the change, and you have my approval.  Cool
[I never use DC-A so I wasn't familiar with that input method.]
Thanks for the prompt and informative response.
-Mike

Probes Unlimited, Inc.
Manufacturer of Temperature Probes + Equipment
836 W. 8th Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
www.probesunlimited.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print