Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 18:23:17
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
loading evo on 64 bit system (Read 3054 times)
ddlong

loading evo on 64 bit system
03/02/11 at 10:23:00

We have three computers that have windows 7 and are 64 bit.  I started to load pervasive the other day and it was taking forever, so I cancelled the install.  I normally just go to the pervasive folder under dbamfg and click on the pervasive client.
PSQL-Client-9.50.077.002-Win32  but wondered if my problem was because the client I have is for win 32.  Do I need a different client for these 64 bit computers.  I have one 64bit win xp computer but don't have any windows 7 computers with the pervasive clients loaded.

Darla Long

Darla Long
Catalytic Industrial Group, Inc.
Independence Ks
dba 2004.1 client/server EVO Version 2020.0 08/07/20 Build Pervasive 11.3
  IP Logged
MikeT

Re: loading evo on 64 bit system
Reply #1 - 03/11/11 at 09:39:59

I have noticed this also on our 64bit machines. We use the same version of pervasive that you do. I usually copy the install file to the desktop of the computer I'm installing pervasive on, then right click it, and run as administrator. It still takes longer than usual, but it does work if you just wait.

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #2 - 03/11/11 at 11:22:02

I got the pervasive client loaded ok, but when I try to load EVO by clicking on evoerp.exe, I now get Data dictionary file could not be opened: F:\DBAFMG\FILELOC.DBF

But it will let me load DBA.

After reading some previous posts on the above error, I uninstalled pervasive, and deleted all of the dba mfg shortcuts.  I reloaded Pervasive and DBA "as administrator", so can run DBA, but it did not replace my desktop icon and when I go to the program it doesn't let me create a shortcut.  Not sure whats going on there.

But I really want to get everyone on EVO because we may want to start using the EVO links.

Also, I didn't see an ISTS folder on the machine that I was trying to load...any idea why it did not create it?

Darla Long

Darla Long
Independence Ks
  IP Logged
MikeT

Reply #3 - 03/11/11 at 12:25:21

Usually I have to try running Evo once, let it error out, then do it again, this time right clicking and run as administrator. Also, you need to make sure your Win7 machine is not disconnecting the network drive that Evo resides in automatically. To remedy this, run the following in command prompt as administrator:
net config server /autodisconnect:-1
The default User privileges in Windows 7 do not allow executable files to create a folder in your C: drive unless run as administrator.

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #4 - 03/11/11 at 13:59:08

Well, I now have two out of three loaded...after reading several old and new posts from users, I tried again using bits and pieces from several posts.  I made sure to  
1) disable virus protection
2) every exe file I needed, I clicked on run as administrator first
3) When I tried, as one user suggested going to start - Run and browsing for f:\evoerpsetup.exe I found that it had the wrong filed loaded for the initial program name.  I changed it to: F:\DBAMFG\EvoERPmenu.rwn
4) The installation did not place an icon on the desktop so as another user suggested, I copied a shortcut from the actual file: f:\dbamfg\evoerp.exe

Normally the desktop icon targets C:\ISTS\evoerp.exe C:\ISTS, but for some reason, the system did not create an ists file on the c: drive of the windows 7 computers.  Do I need to create one for them?

Darla Long

Darla Long
Independence Ks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print