Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/24/24 at 15:39:54
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just getting a working connection (Read 1968 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Just getting a working connection
03/10/11 at 08:16:24

We are trying to get MSAccess 2003 to connect to Evo to be able to pull in some data from the customer file into an access database.  We have no problem with the ODBC connection for Crystal reports, that's worked for years. This is the first time we've tried to set up Access to Evo, and frankly, are baffled at
how to get it to work.

The ODBC connection is made, and it tests fine.  While in access, we can't seem to get any external data, whether import or link. So we have not done something correctly, but what?  Is there just a plain and simple how to guide we can see to get this working. I assume Access does not use the DDF files?  

Obviously we are missing something basic... please help!

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Just getting a working connection
Reply #1 - 03/10/11 at 09:04:06

ODBC will use the ODBC DDFs, so Access will not use the DDFs directly. What are you using to query the PSQL tables? Does Access know where the DSN is or is it using MS Query to gather the data? Can you get through the wizard and see the table data that you wish to link into Access?

I'm not sure how far you are getting or what version of Access you are using.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Just getting a working connection
Reply #2 - 03/10/11 at 09:12:20

Access 2003, and it was not getting down into the company directory (we run multiple companies). It was looking at the main DBAMFG folder.  I redid the DSN to go to the DBAMFG\01 company and that worked.
We're cooking with gas now...

thanks!

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print