Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 08:34:52
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pervasive, where is it? Server Questions. (Read 1584 times)
AndyOB

Humm...

Pervasive, where is it? Server Questions.
05/12/11 at 08:19:57

So we recently had the RAID on our server hosting Evo crash. So I got the chance to move Evo to a newer server. I basically copied the Evo folder to the new system, installed Pervasive on the new server, pointed everyone's mapped drive to the new server, and long story short, all seemed to work just fine.

Now yesterday I went into Pervasive Control Center to probe around the dB tables, and I noticed something weird, it seems the Database Tables are all residing on the OLD server. So while Evo is on \\NewServer, when I got to PCC, all the dB tables are listed under \\OldServer.

Is this going to be an issue?  
How can I move the dB tables from the Old to NewServer?
Do I need too? if one computer fails what files do I need to save, I assume just the Evo folder?

I am running the latest Evo with Pervasive 2000i SP4, the old server is Win2k Pro Server, the new server is 2k3 Standard Server. All 32-bit OSs, the new server is our domain controller, and the old server is a backup domain controller, don't know if that matters.

Maybe our IT person mucked about with things I don't know about, but I don't think so.

--
Andy O'Brien of Nortra Cables, Inc.
Milpitas, CA
WWW AndyOB   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Re: Pervasive, where is it? Server Questions.
Reply #1 - 05/21/11 at 07:30:35

no, it looks like you just didnt' change your ODBC DSN properties. those "Databases" in the PCC are relational ODBC connections, hence, they are probably still pointed to your old server data.

you know you are running an outdated version of pervasive?

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
AndyOB

Humm...

Re: Pervasive, where is it? Server Questions.
Reply #2 - 12/06/11 at 16:47:08

Yep, any software that's dated 2000 is probably long dead, however unless it actually stops working, were gonna keep using it.

I just found this message because Pervasive wants me to login to use the control center, and it won't take anything for a login. Seriously wondering why it just stopped working. Someone said you had to use admin login, but the Windows admin login doesn't work, and I can't find a pervasive admin login/password that works.

Very annoying.

--
Andy O'Brien of Nortra Cables, Inc.
Milpitas, CA
WWW AndyOB   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print