Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 18:37:38
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IN-A Transactions do not add up to On-Hand qty (Read 3044 times)
Prier Products

I Love YaBB 2!

IN-A Transactions do not add up to On-Hand qty
06/28/11 at 09:49:55

We have a part that has only been used for the past 6 weeks.  We are making these parts to order, so all of the transactions equal 0.  The on-hand quantity says 100.

IP Logged
podell

No act of kindess is
ever wasted.

Re: IN-A Transactions do not add up to On-Hand qty
Reply #1 - 06/28/11 at 12:10:14

Odd...we just noticed this same issue with a part that we've used since 2009.  The Inventory Inquiry screen on hand value is incorrect and does not match the inventory transaction report.

We have not updated EVO/DBA since July of last year.  

What would make this happen??

How can we fix?

Thank you

Penny O'Dell, Office Manager
CEM Machine
Carthage, New York
Evo-ERP Update 2018.2 Pervasive v 11.30
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 06/28/11 at 13:48:22

The UOH can get out of sync with transactions a couple of ways, but fixing it is just a matter of running SM-J-C using the setting that changes UOH to match transactions. Read the help file carefully before using this utility. It does a lot of things.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Prier Products

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 06/30/11 at 09:08:22

Can you give me examples of what would cause things to get out of sync?  How often should I go through this process?  One of the Action Taken descriptions is Found duplicate BKICMSTR record for theis Part, Manual Review Required.  How do I do a manual review?

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 06/30/11 at 13:48:15

One thing that happens to us (too often) is people killing a process in the middle of a WO-I transaction. We use Lot or Serial numbers on nearly every finished good. If the user tries to run WO-I and then  get's to the Lot/Serial entry section and does not have the information, we have had issue with people using CTRL-ALT-DELETE and ending the task. At that point in the process the UOH has been updated with the full quantity entered as completed, but the transaction has not been posted. We have trained our users, over and over, never to end task in the middle of a transaction, but it keeps happening.  

If you have duplicate entries in MTICMSTR then you need to use Maintain Database to remove the superfluous entry. The system cannot tell which one is erroneous.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Prier Products

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 07/05/11 at 09:24:16

Ok, now I have run SM-J-C in report only mode, made the necessary manual reviews, made a backup, printed an inventory value report dated 7/1, printed some financials, run UT-K-E, run SM-J-C for real at master and transaction level at the same time.  This morning, after the 7/1 invoices had posted, I ran another inventory value report for 7/1.  The value is negative and it is a crazy number, ($21,554,464.80)  Then I ran a report for today and it looks normal.  Did I mess this up by having Sales Orders and Work Orders that had been opened but not posted or invoiced?  Do I care about 7/1 if 7/5 looks fine?  6/30 also looks fine.

IP Logged
btaylor
Browser

Reply #6 - 12/28/17 at 08:59:17

Quote from GasGiant on 06/30/11 at 13:48:15:
One thing that happens to us (too often) is people killing a process in the middle of a WO-I transaction. We use Lot or Serial numbers on nearly every finished good. If the user tries to run WO-I and then  get's to the Lot/Serial entry section and does not have the information, we have had issue with people using CTRL-ALT-DELETE and ending the task. At that point in the process the UOH has been updated with the full quantity entered as completed, but the transaction has not been posted. We have trained our users, over and over, never to end task in the middle of a transaction, but it keeps happening.

If you have duplicate entries in MTICMSTR then you need to use Maintain Database to remove the superfluous entry. The system cannot tell which one is erroneous.

Resurrecting an old thread as this is still haunting me. After years of trying to figure it out we eventually did find a repeatable issue. If we go to produce a work order and someone else has that item open in another screen we get a message that the record is locked by another user with the option to cancel or retry. Even if we hit cancel, it adds the amount the work order is for to the master level but not the transaction level. If we try again later and still get the record locked error, cancelling will again add that amount to master but not transaction.

I have to run SM-J-C often on items which is time consuming. My predecessor once accidentally ran it on everything which created a bunch of other issues so I like to only run it on single items (unless I'm only doing report mode).

I end up in here for hours on a Saturday or firing it up in the evening and walking away, having someone close it out when they get in in the morning.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix it through maintain database or is it touching so many tables that doing this would make things worse?

Even if it would stop creating the master level quantity when we get the message and cancel out would solve a lot of the problems.

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #7 - 12/29/17 at 08:45:18

What specific file is the record lock on?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
btaylor
Browser

Reply #8 - 01/02/18 at 12:42:21

I'm pretty sure it is BKICMSTR but it has been a while since I have personally seen it.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print