Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 01:54:11
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DE-F not importing into new company (Read 1266 times)
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

DE-F not importing into new company
08/02/11 at 08:22:54

Hi guys....hoping someone can help me.  In the process of loading a new company.

I am importing all our customers and vendors, parts of the inventory/BOM and GL.  The import of the GL worked fine...
I can't get the system to import the Vendors.  I have specified the path, made sure that the import file is less than 1000 characters (which BIG PITA) and it is a CSV file, put in all the fields that we want to import.  When I go thru the whole thing, it just goes back to the main DE menu.  No error msg, no thinking, nada.  It is creating a 0 size file in my original file location.

I need to get this up and running...we are dead in the water until we do.  Company changed hands yesterday....

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: DE-F not importing into new company
Reply #1 - 08/02/11 at 17:16:54

if this is just a new company in DBA, simply copy BKAPVEND and BKAPVND2 from the old company to the new.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #2 - 08/03/11 at 09:39:13

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 08/02/11 at 17:16:54:
if this is just a new company in DBA, simply copy BKAPVEND and BKAPVND2 from the old company to the new.

Remember that  you are copying also GL Account settings (Tax, Division) and statistical data like Last Purchase, YTD Amounts, etc, etc.
if it is a "New" company you should check the GL if different and zero those amounts out.

lips sealed

« Last Edit: 08/03/11 at 14:45:58 by Kelloggs »  

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 08/04/11 at 17:21:01

True but if the new company is just a change of ownership, you probably want to keep most of that.  In fact for a change of ownership it is usually easiest to make the new company a copy of the original and clear the GL and enter new beginning balances.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 08/09/11 at 10:40:44

Thanks for the help!  It helps when I use the correct file extension for the import.  Yes, new ownership, but all new accounts and didn't want to bring over 14 years of history either....so clean slate it was.  ACtually worked out well.....there were some setup issues the first time it was done so we corrected those too!  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print