Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Windows XP Mode (Read 9004 times)
kbolander
Browser

Sorry for partying.

Windows XP Mode
08/30/11 at 07:25:21

I'm running windows 7 professional 32-bit and I've just recently installed the "Windows XP Mode" http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx on my computer. I'd like to install EVO ERP on my XP Virtual Machine but I'm having problems. The Evo drive is mapped on my windows 7 machine, but when I try to run the install on the virtual machine (through the mapped drive) I get a warning error about Btrieve Memo files could not be opened, an access violation in module evoerp.exe, and an unable to create directory error. All of which I don't know how to fix. Evo is running file on my windows 7 machine.

My Evo~ERP database is installed on a windows 2008 64-bit server and I am on a domain. I am running Pervasive 10 on both the windows 7 machine and the xp virtual machine. Evo is Update 1/18/11 SP1, build 2/9/11. Has anyone ever tried to do this and ran into the same problems?

Thanks,

Kellen Bolander

Email   IP Logged
kbolander
Browser

Sorry for partying.

Re: Windows XP Mode
Reply #1 - 08/31/11 at 08:29:43

Update:

I had to add my XP virtual machine to the domain, map the EVO drive and the installation worked perfectly!  

A few notes: XP mode will "map" all of the host computers drives (CD, floppy, card reader, hard drives, mapped hard drives), but they will show up as \\tsclient\(drive letter). These drives show up as "other" in the My Computer menu, where mapping a drive puts it in the "networked drives" menu. I used the same logon credentials on my virtual machine as the host computer.

I'm glad I figured out how to do this because some utilities don't run for us on Windows Vista or Windows 7, only on Windows XP.

Email   IP Logged
carie

Reply #2 - 11/23/11 at 14:12:29

What utilities don't run - We have one machine on Windows 7 and it doesn't run to smooth.

~Carie

Evo-ERP Version 2015.2 with Build 7/02/2015
Pervasive 11.3 - 10 licenses / DBA since 2002

Carie Kirk
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email   IP Logged
kbolander
Browser

Sorry for partying.

Reply #3 - 11/23/11 at 14:26:47

All of our VISTA 32-bit machines could not run MR-B. It would start and either run for about 5 minutes and hang up, or not run at all. We had to remote into the server and run it locally. However, we recently upgraded most of our computers to windows 7 32-bit and I was able to get EVO running Perfectly on all of them! MR-B even ran without a hitch.

I'm sure there were more applications that didn't run properly on the workstations, but what couldn't be run on the workstations ran on the server.

KB

Email   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #4 - 11/24/11 at 08:55:41

I can not believe that so many user are having so many problems with Evo and Windows 7
We dont have them!!!

Evo runs well on Windows 7 (32 or 64) it even runs on Windows 2008.
All Evo modules run!!!

I must know or done something that you guys don't or haven't

Angry

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #5 - 11/28/11 at 05:59:03

The only problem I ever had was with the PQSL 2000i client install on Win 7 pro. Has to be installed using the right-click and install as admin or it throws errors.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print