Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
NO EVO ON WIN7 (Read 6226 times)
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

NO EVO ON WIN7
10/28/11 at 12:25:56

We are running PVSW 9.5 with several XP users with no issues.  We have 2 users using Windows 7 with no issues.  We have just tried to install EVO on 3 new machines with PVSW 9.5.  DBA works and EVO loads and works OK except for the Sales module. When we try to open any Sales menu, the screen flashes for a second and then reverts back to the original screen.  So it never actually goes into the application.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: NO EVO ON WIN7
Reply #1 - 10/30/11 at 14:25:33

Is this on every Sales Program?  What about AR?  Does it matter what Evo login you use?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 10/31/11 at 07:43:34

AR does work.  That is the only menu that does.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 10/31/11 at 08:44:40

It doesn't make sense, there is nothing special about the Sales programs.  Nothing on the SO menu loads?  What about SA?  CS?  CM?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 10/31/11 at 08:51:12

None of them work.  Again when you click to open them (SA, SO, etc), They seem to flash quickly like trying to connect but then go immediately back to the original menu.

IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #5 - 10/31/11 at 12:51:57

FYI.  We got it.  We re-installed PSVW 9.5 as Administrator. Then re-installed EVO & Workstation setup as Administrator.  We set up a new ISTS folder with only a text document in it.  Everything now works fine.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 11/01/11 at 17:03:31

Glad to hear it is working but it makes no sense that Sales was not working and AR was.  VERY STRANGE...  However, the only versions of Pervasive supported on Windows 7 and Server 2008 are PSQL 10 & 11 so if odd things are seen with older versions, that may be why and Pervasive certainly won't do anything to fix it.

Rereading your post, you say you created C:\ISTS with a text file in it.  Evo Workstation Setup should have created the folder with a bunch of files in it.  Did you create the folder with the text file before running the workstation setup?  Your Evo icon should be pointing to C:\ISTS\EVOERP.EXE, not the server.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #7 - 11/02/11 at 06:04:37

Since day 1, the workstation setup has never set up the ISTS folder.  We have always had to set it up after the setup with a text file in it.  And then the rest of the installation fills in the ISTS folder with needed files including the evoerp to run the program. Well, its been 2 days now and we are still running great. We will always load PVSW and EVO as admin in the future. Sometimes, its just a guessing game. But thank you all for trying to help us.

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #8 - 11/02/11 at 06:54:24

Win 7 installation has been the subject of discussion in the past http://www.istechforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=1300731072

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #9 - 04/17/12 at 15:16:51

Just noticed. You can close this. I think it had to do with Admin rights on PVSW, but I wasn't here when they fixed it.

IP Logged
Jaime Lefkowitz
Browser

Reply #10 - 10/18/12 at 12:44:39

Does anyone know if EVO is going to be compatible with Windows 8?  I have 3 employees in need of new computers and I want to ensure compatibility prior to purchase.

Thank you.

IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #11 - 10/18/12 at 12:52:07

Windows 8 has not officially released.
You can not buy windows 8.

lips sealed

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Jaime Lefkowitz
Browser

Reply #12 - 10/18/12 at 13:03:57

I did not ask if Windows 8 had either been released or was available for purchase.  I clearly asked if anyone knew if it WAS GOING to be compatible.  I have been beta testing Win8 for over a year and it is available for pre-order right now.  Many software companies take advantage of same beta testing to ensure their compatibility upon release.

IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #13 - 10/18/12 at 13:13:10

Yeah, we should test Evo on Windows 21

Grin

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Jaime Lefkowitz
Browser

Reply #14 - 10/18/12 at 13:41:22

Let me understand this correctlly.  I am someone who has been in IT for over 30 years and am a member of many forums.  I asked a question which was not answered.  I respectfully responded with further clarification and added that many corporations have been testing Windows 8 for many months to ensure their compatibility with its imminent release.  Perhaps you don't understand how marketing and R&D cycles work.  Private message me and I will school you on how businesses work, not to mention how forums SHOULD work.  By the way...R&D stands for research and development.

Obviously, Windows 21 is a lame attempt at some kind of biting humor.  You, sir/ma'am, are so much more interested in displaying a level of arrogance and "know how" rather than simply answering the questions asked.

I will add that many Kelloggs exist in the forum world.  The time you take to post ignorant responses never ceases to amaze me.  If you don't like the question(s) asked, do yourself a favor, move on.  Otherwise, I find your attitude despicable.  

I'm not impressed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print