Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 02:39:16
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moving from NT4 Server to Win2003 Server Help! (Read 2785 times)
kpeterson
Browser

EvoERP!

Moving from NT4 Server to Win2003 Server Help!
02/04/12 at 11:07:01

I know this move is supposed to be "simply copy files to new Server and set permissions and install Pervasive", but I can't get the XP Workstation to load EVO-ERP.

When I try to start EVO-ERP at the desktop, I receive this series of cryptic errors:

So that leaves leaves me stuck.

EVO-ERP does start on the Server.

I've installed Pervasive 11 on the Server and did the "Cleanup" on the Desktop and installed the new Pervasive Client on it.  I added the Database to the Server and Desktop.

Desktop:

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq167/kpeters59/FSI-EVOERP/FSI-EVO6.jpg

Server:

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq167/kpeters59/FSI-EVOERP/FSI-EVO7.jpg

Any direction from here is much appreciated, as I was hoping to have this back up and running before Monday when she returns to work...

Thanks,

-KP

« Last Edit: 02/04/12 at 13:07:55 by kpeterson »  
  IP Logged
kpeterson
Browser

EvoERP!

WBTRV32.DLL not found
Reply #1 - 02/04/12 at 18:34:06

http://www.istechforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=1305817079

I get the exact same error when I try this.  The Registry key referred to by Pervasive about local ODBC doesn't exist on this Workstation.  (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pervasive Software\Scalable SQL RequesterVersion 4.00\Settings\Local = No)

Uninstalling/reinstalling Pervasive didn't resolve it.  Several times.  

Trying to start EVO-ERP with Pervasive uninstalled gave me the exact same errors as with it installed.  

Also,  while trying to start EVO-ERP, there is a message window that flashes by too fast to see and I can't find any log files anywhere.  I suspect it may be Error 11 referenced in this thread:

http://www.istechforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=1253319011

This thing is driving me nuts!

Did I mention it would be best if this was working by Monday morning?

Thanks,

-KP

IP Logged
kpeterson
Browser

EvoERP!

Re: Moving from NT4 Server to Win2003 Server Help!
Reply #2 - 02/04/12 at 19:00:03

Well...

In frustration, I copied wbtrv32.dll to the \system32 folder and I got a new missing .dll file error.  So I copied that file and finally copied all the .dll files in the C:\Program Files\Pervasive Software\PSQL\bin folder to the local \system32 folder and it starts OK now.  

This seems odd to me as the Pervasive folder is listed in System Properties\Environment Variables.

Go figure.

What a mess.

Thanks,

-KP

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 02/04/12 at 21:13:20

DBA/Evo does not use ODBC; you do not need to define any databases in the Pervasive Control Center, you are making thing more complicated than they need to be.

Step 1, install Pervasive to the server, copy DBAMFG from the old to new server.  Share with full control  and load DBA/EVo.  If it loads, you know the server installation is good.

Step 2 install the proper Pervasive client to the workstation.  Use the Pervasive Function Executor utility to open the WBTRVMEMO.B file in DBAMFG On the server.  If this does not open, check the Pervasive status codes to determint the problem but 99% of the time it is antivirus, security, firewall, etc.

One this works, the workstation setup and Evo/DBA icon should work

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
kpeterson
Browser

EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 02/04/12 at 21:30:57

Well...Thanks for the reply, but I'd already tried that and it didn't work.

In those instructions, you don't specify if updating Pervasive on the desktop is REQUIRED when running the latest Pervasive on the Server.  I did update the Desktop per the How-To and had these problems.  I didn't really do anything else until it didn't work.

Using the phrase ""load DBA/EVO" is kinda vague IMO.  You install software and run programs.  "Load" could be read as either IMO.

"check the Pervasive status codes" is also vague.  Maybe there's more details you have about that?  I looked for log files and Events, but there was nothing I could find about this.

Thanks,

-KP

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 02/04/12 at 21:52:30

To "load DBA" simply double click on TP5WDBA.EXE in the DBAMFG folder.  There is no installation required.

Pervasive version on workstations need to match the server.

If it doesn't load, the Pervasive Status Code will indicate the problem.  Most of the time it is a permission/firewall issue.  Pervasive uses the ports 1583 and 3351.  Make sure they are open.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
kpeterson
Browser

EvoERP!

Reply #6 - 02/04/12 at 22:05:29

Like I said in post 3, I did resolve the problem.  Maybe not too perfectly, but I can now run EVO-ERP.

I blame Pervasive for the error.

I am still unsure WHERE to check the Pervasive Status Code.

I had opened the firewall ports on the Desktop.  The Server (2003) does not have a firewall running.

The existing shortcuts on this Desktop point to:  C:\ISTS\evoerp.exe C:\ISTS.  Those now work.

Any hints on how to verify that everything really is working as it seems to be?  Most of the Menu items seem OK.

Thanks,

-KP

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print