Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DBA/EVO FREEZES UP (Read 2958 times)
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

DBA/EVO FREEZES UP
04/16/12 at 13:34:14

We installed PVSW Ver 11 - Service Pack 1 a week ago.  We had no problems or issues at that time. But now we have had to reboot our server 4 times in 2 days. The app will freeze periodically. And of course then we get transactions out of balance. Our IT person can not find anything wrong. He did have to restart PVSW this morning, instead of a reboot. And it may not be due to PVSW. But if it is, does anyone else have/had this problem.

We do not het any message.  It just freezes.

IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Re: DBA/EVO FREEZES UP
Reply #1 - 04/17/12 at 15:21:49

Might be a psvw problem.  Our IT is looking at it.  But the error is:
Betrieve memo file (WBTRVMEMO.B) could not be opened
Error 3014

Sound familiar?

IP Logged
lnikitas
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 04/18/12 at 08:48:26

OK, I work with Carol and I have some more information on the situation.  

It turns out that the Pervasive database is specifically locking up and causing disconnects when we run some reports through ODBC. They are Excel reports connecting to Pervasive through ODBC. Some of them work fine and do not cause lock-ups. However other larger reports (which might ordinarily time out if we weren't setting a larger timeout on the connection object) are causing these issues repeatedly.

It's possible that these reports were sporadically causing this issue before the upgrade, but now certain reports are causing these issues any and every time they are run.

Even when the user running the report is not in EVO, this issue happens and a reboot of Pervasive is needed before anyone can access EVO again.

The error received by the user running the reports is most often: "[Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][Client LNA] You have been unexpectedly disconnected from the server. Re-start your application, then access the data source again. Contact your system administrator if you still need assistance."

Other EVO users have received the error Carol gave above.

IP Logged
lnikitas
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/18/12 at 09:21:09

If I have EVO up and then I try to run the Excel report, the message in the PVSW.log file is:

Date & Time                 Component       Process  Process Name    Type  Message
--------------------------- --------------- -------- --------------- ----- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/18/2012 12:18:45 PM       W3NSL           6536     evoerp.exe      E     3112: Status 10054 returned while receiving a maximum of 40960 bytes.

Is this Maximum something that can be adjusted within Pervasive?

IP Logged
lnikitas
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 04/18/12 at 10:32:21

I'm looking at this status code document - http://www.pervasivedb.com/psqlv11/Documents/Status_Codes_and_Messages_PSQLv11.p df - and it says this about the 3112 error:

Quote:
3112: Failure during receive from the target server
The Pervasive Network Services Layer attempted to receive data from the target server and encountered a network specific error. Check the Pervasive Event Log (PVSW.LOG) for more information.

Note If there is a problem with AutoReconnect, a further status code 3131 will be issued.

You may also receive this error under the following circumstances:
* When using only the NetBIOS protocol with a remote Workgroup engine, the client is sending more bytes than can fit into the engine’s network read buffer. Go the machine where the remote Workgroup engine is installed, and try increasing the value of the configuration parameter, Server > Communication Buffer Size > Read Buffer Size.

So it would appear that this issue may be a result of the network buffer which would explain why only larger reports triggered it.

IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #5 - 04/25/12 at 06:40:33

Still having that PVSW problem.  Has anyone had any issues with the buffer or a maximum? Our IT person has been talking to Pervasive to no avail. And we still can not run our Excel reports.

IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Re: DBA/EVO FREEZES UP-Latest Update PVSW
Reply #6 - 04/26/12 at 07:11:15

Latest update from our IT company. Have you heard of this. Which set of files do we use and how to fix it?

Also, I wanted to update you and Bill regarding what’s been going on with Pervasive.   I believe we’ve isolated the issue.  Each database has a set of DDF configuration files which tell Pervasive various parameters of the database.  We’ve reviewed two sets of DDF files; one set is in the \DMAMFG\ME folder.  This set is working fine and has no issues.  The other set is in the main \DBAMFG folder and has substantial issues.  Pervasive support says these files are causing the Pervasive engine to crash.  Now, the only problem is, we don’t know what database each set of files goes with.  My guess is that the “bad” files go with the database you are trying to write queries on.  Pervasive agrees since the “good” set of files don’t have the tables referenced in the query examples Amanda sent over to me.  As for Amanda’s queries, are those being done on the DBA database or the EVO ERP application database

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print