Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 03:10:36
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multiple Backups causing issues in DDF files? (Read 1329 times)
lnikitas
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Multiple Backups causing issues in DDF files?
05/03/12 at 07:55:18

We are having working on resolving an issue where running a report through excel freezes up EVO and we have to boot all of the users out. Our technician has been working with Pervasive and thinks the issue is due to multiple entries in our DDF files as follows:

ID 3, Table BKABCUST_B,   data file BKABUCT_B.BME
   ID 3, Table BKABCUST_B09, data file BKABUCT_B09.BME
   ID 3, Table BKABCUST_B76, data file BKABUCT_B76.BME
   ID 3, Table BKABCUST_B99, data file BKABUCT_B99.BME
   ID 3, Table BKABCUST_BB9, data file BKABUCT_BB9.BME

When I look at our collection of DDF files, I notice that the number of "duplicate" entries here corresponds directly to the number of backups we have of our current company database. In other words, the DDF file shows 5 entries per table with the same ID, and I have 1 live/current company and 4 backups of the same company (i.e. 5 of the same company).

I wonder if moving these backup folders is a possible solution (since pervasive thinks the duplicate entries are a problem), but this is where EVO itself is saving the backups.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or had any luck making or moving backups elsewhere?

Thanks!

IP Logged
lnikitas
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Multiple Backups causing issues in DDF files?
Reply #1 - 05/03/12 at 08:21:01

I should add that I'm not even entirely sure that these backups are causing the issue in the DDF files.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Multiple Backups causing issues in DDF files?
Reply #2 - 05/22/12 at 15:05:45

If you run ODBCDDF at UT-A, it will create company specific DDFs in the company folder rather than using the ones for Maintain Database that contain all companies.  That would eliminate the duplicates.  You will need to redefine the database to use the new DDFs and redirect Excel.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print