Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 04:58:04
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Old posted GJE suddenly alive again (Read 1115 times)
MBG
Browser

Old posted GJE suddenly alive again
06/21/12 at 12:40:26

A GJE from 12/31/05 that was posted and long forgotten has suddenly come back to life.  When I'm in GL-O, after I confirm that I want to select all batch types for processing, I get this message:
   Warning: A transaction dated 12/31/05 for GL Account 2290 for $4.02 has an invalid date.  Please use GL-P to correct this transaction.

After I click OK, the message appears again immediately, but this time it refers to the other GL account involved in the entry, the credit side of the entry.  After I click OK again, then all other unposted items are selected and I can proceed to post them.

In the list of GJ transactions in GL-B, this entry is still showing as posted as it has for the last six years.

The balance sheet balances.  The trial balance in GL-E balances.  Neither of these two GL accounts shows a different balance than it had before this warning message showed up.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of this problem, if it is a problem?

Thanks.

Paul

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Old posted GJE suddenly alive again
Reply #1 - 06/21/12 at 16:08:58

Use GL-P to delete the entries from the unposted GL.  Then I would recommend when all users are out of hte system, UT-C and reindex the BKGLTEMP file.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print