News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Access connections (Read 1565 times)
deburr

Access connections
01/10/13 at 08:30:58

I'm a newbie with Access and I am on a win 7 workstation and trying to connect to my data on an XP server/workstaion. I can't get there.

The latest error is [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][Engine LNA]You cannot connect because remote ODBC (or SQL) connections are allowed only to P.SQL 2000 server engines. Please contact Pervasive Software for additional information. I friend that was trying to help though it has something to do with a driver not installed. I'm using pervasive version 2000i.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Access connections
Reply #1 - 01/10/13 at 13:36:05

You can't use ODBC in PSQL 2000i from another workstation if you are using Workgroup.  It's been a long time since I looked at it but as I recall, you may have to install the Workgroup engine rather than the client to the station you are trying to connect from which in turn may introduce other Gateway related issues.  

If you are using Windows 7, you REALLY should look at upgrading to the current version of Pervasive.  PSQL 11 has much improved ODBC capability and for Workgroup (up to 5 users which you are) it is only $49/user.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
deburr

Re: Access connections
Reply #2 - 01/16/13 at 05:08:04

Thanks Lynn, I will take you up on the Pervasive update.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print