Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 08:05:11
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where is the pervasive client? (Read 1106 times)
Laura Oliver

Where is the pervasive client?
04/26/13 at 14:02:33

Embarrassed.........Where is the pervasive clent?  

I am having a blonde moment  I am settting up a workstation and need to install the pervasive client.   .... but I can't remember where to find it.

I went to the DBAMFG>Pervasive and ????.... I thought there was a setup application file, but I cant find it.  I remember you had to right click on it and run as adminstator.

The instructions say "install the pervasive client" to the workstation.   I dont remember having a problem finding the pervasive client when I set up/ my other workstations.

any and  all help appreciated!
Blessings,
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Where is the pervasive client?
Reply #1 - 04/28/13 at 09:57:36

When you upgraded your Pervasive, you should have deleted the contents of the DBAMFG\Pervasive folder and replace with the 32 bit Pervasive client downloaded from the Pervasive website.  If you didn't do it then, you can do it now.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: Where is the pervasive client?
Reply #2 - 04/29/13 at 06:44:45

Malcolm had already done that for us and I had even replaced 2 old XP stations with win 7 since then with no problem.  My blunder was even blonder that that.   Friday afternoon I was going into the Pervasive folder but I failed to see the AutoRun application file 499KB.   But when I tried again Monday morn I saw it right off the bat.  

For future reference  DBAMFG> Pervasive> Autorun  (this is  499KB application file that is found inside the Pervasive folder, it is not inside a subfolder)

Thanks,
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print