Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/29/24 at 04:41:40
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Security Issue with Users (Read 908 times)
BethanyW
Browser

Security Issue with Users
08/06/13 at 08:03:20

Near the beginning of the year we enabled security on the Pervasive database, and all was well for awhile.  Yesterday I discovered the security had been turned off (no idea how, but that's possibly irrelevant), so I turned it back on.  Now Crystal etc. asks for the username/password combo again (as desired), HOWEVER no users or groups show up in the Control Center.  I also cannot create new users or groups - when I try to do so (or expand the Users or Groups) it throws an error saying something like 'No such table or object.'

We have tried re-starting the Pervasive engines, as well as the entire server.  The users and groups have not reappeared.  The weird thing is that programs accessing the database (other than Evo) do require a username / password combo, and the username / password that was set up before works.

This is obviously an issue because you edit table permissions by user / group.  If I cannot view, change, or add users and groups, the security option is useless.  I'm not sure whether this is a Pervasive issue or a DBA/Evo issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Bethany Waldmann
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-Erp 2013.1, 5 user
IST Update: 7/26/13 SP1
Pervasive 11
Win2003 SBSR2 / XP Pro SP3 / Win7 x64 SP1
Crystal Reports v11
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print