Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updating (Read 1965 times)
josie
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Updating
08/13/13 at 12:58:37

We have had DBA for many years, and have fallen behind on updates.  Can anyone give me any input as to:
    How easy it is to install the update  
    Whether or not there have been many changes that will make more training necessary
    Would it be a better option to stay with DBA or look at other software options

Thank you for any input!

IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Re: Updating
Reply #1 - 08/13/13 at 18:35:05

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

lips sealed

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
TMC Trailers
Browser

Reply #2 - 08/13/13 at 20:17:34

Hi there

We've only recently (1yr) updated to the new Evo and would recommend doing it, our upgrade went relatively smoothly, there was a few glitches but the support is fairly good. We were also running an old version of DBA.  

You can install a demo on a stand alone pc if you like.

The main advantage for us was being able to email purchase orders, statements and invoices.

We too looked at other ERP systems but as the screens are the same in EVO as DBA there is no need to re-train.

Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions Richard@tmc-trailers.co.nz  

Richard

Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 08/14/13 at 08:50:23

About 6 years ago we decided to move from DBA/Evo to a more "modern" system. We had actually updated to Evo when it first came out but had stopped doing updates about 5 years ago when we purchased and started implementing a new system, and weren't using any of the T7/GUI screens, though we continued using Evo. About a year ago we ended up deciding to abort the changeover and stick with DBA/Evo. At that time we updated and started using the T7/GUI screens. There were a few glitches, and we went back to some of the BK/T6 screens.

The really nice thing about Evo is that you can use the various flavors concurrently (for the most part), so if you decide you don't like the GUI version of SO-E you can go back to the BK one. Of when an update comes out someone can test the latest version (on SandBox or Live data) while everyone else continues using the tried and true, and then change them over when you're ready.

I would say unequivocally, update. While it is certainly possible that a different system will address you needs better than Evo I will warn you that it takes a LOT of time to even sort out possibilities, and even more time and money to implement one. Even if you do end up with a new system I'd be shocked if it took less than a year from the time of decision to look elsewhere through implementation. So you might as well update DBA/Evo in the mean time and get all the benefits you can.

Just my $0.03

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster