Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DBA Update to 6-6-14 (Read 3855 times)
IT Department

DBA Update to 6-6-14
08/29/14 at 07:56:51

Hi All,

I'm currently running DBA version 2004.1 with IS Tech Support Update 10/24/12 SP1.

According to the update instructions for the 6-6-14 update. This includes all previous IS Tech Support updates. I just wanted to confirm that it's okay for me to jump to the newer version? Or, should I first install the 12/28/13 update?

I'm going to install in a test environment first, but I figured I'd post to see if anyone else has tried this yet.

Thanks!

IT Department   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: DBA Update to 6-6-14
Reply #1 - 08/29/14 at 10:18:10

You can do it in one jump.  In fact I will be loading an update from 2002.4 all the way to the 6-6-14 update in a single step this weekend for a new custoemer

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
IT Department

Reply #2 - 08/29/14 at 11:29:17

Awesome! Thanks Lynn!

shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #3 - 08/30/14 at 11:31:23

Id get rid of any test companies 1st

they just slow down the process

jw

WWW   IP Logged
IT Department

Reply #4 - 09/02/14 at 10:03:37

Thanks Guys!

I've started the update in an isolated test environment and ran into a couple things.

1) During the update process, i received the following: "The file you have tried to create already exists. If you “CREATE” it again you will delete all the existing data beyond recovery. Do you wish to continue?" My only options were to click "ok" or "cancel" so I clicked "ok".

2) Sometime afterwards, I got this window: "An error has occurred while creating file -TE\AHSYLOG.BTE-11" with "OK" being my only option. But when the message won't go away after I click it. It immediately comes back.

Any Ideas? My test environment is basically an isolated clone of the real server with no internet access.

Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 09/03/14 at 08:03:55

On the first message it is probably OK but it depends what the file is.  The update process found that a file exists that it was not expecting to.  If a previous update attempt was aborted and a backup restored on top of the failed attempt then new files created by the failed attempt will cause this message but they are empty so you can say OK.

The second one, your data dictionary is expecting to find a folder DBAMFG\TE for a company with extension BTE.  Somebody deleted the folder without properly deleting the company in DBA/Evo.  Create the folder so it can create the files, then delete the "TE" company properly using UT-I.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
IT Department

Reply #6 - 09/03/14 at 09:57:43

Thanks Lynn, I'll try that and get back to you.

IT Department

Reply #7 - 09/05/14 at 10:23:25

Hi Guys,

This is hopefully the last question, thanks for your help!!

Lynn, your answer worked with no issues! Smiley

However, when I logged into DBA Classic and issued the EVOUTIL command in UT-A, I got a couple warning messages referencing DDF's. One of them was a "BTRIEVE error - <C:\DBAMFG\DEFAULT\FILE.DDF-5"

After I clicked OK to continue, the program finished without any more warnings. Is this a normal behavior? I was able to log in and view some POs etc.  

My second question is, will we need to "reactivate" DBA after the update completes?

Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #8 - 09/05/14 at 10:52:46

It is not a normal behavior.
Is the path correct?
Is there an error number?

Check if your odbc connections work find.

undecided

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #9 - 09/05/14 at 12:38:57

Status 5 is listed int he Troubleshooting as an error that can be ignored.  It indicates a duplicate key in the DDF files but it will not hurt anything.  Typically it occurs on the WBRTRVMEM.B file because the real file name is WBTRVMEMO.B which  is too many characters for the old DBA 8.3 naming convention.

If you use Evo-ERP ahd disabled Logins before running the update you need to enable them but if you only use DBA there is nothing you need to do.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print