Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/24/24 at 23:56:08
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Voided PR Check in Oct 2014 (it's now 2015) (Read 1115 times)
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Voided PR Check in Oct 2014 (it's now 2015)
01/23/15 at 11:08:16

I Voided a payroll check in October of 2014.

Now, When I print a Posted Payroll register for that payroll date,
It does not reflect the fact that I voided a check on that same date.

Is there something I can do to get the Posted payroll register to reflect reality?

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
EMI Ann

Non calor sed umor
est qui nobis
incommodat.

Re: Voided PR Check in Oct 2014 (it's now 2015)
Reply #1 - 02/06/15 at 09:48:18

For whatever reason, it just doesn't. You can print the report to "disk," and save as a .txt file, and then reopen it in whatever you use to edit .txt documents, and add notes, if you must have that particular report to put into a file somewhere.

As long as the reversal went through properly, though, it will show up on PR-I, print pay history, so you do have a printable record that you can access at any time, it will just look different. PR-L-E, print deductions register shows that it reversed, and will also show you more data to satisfy the need to see what money went down what pathways.

Now, as a work-around when someone puts a check through the laundry by accident, and brings you the shreds as proof, rather than voiding a payroll check, which can have a cascade of effects, including not printing the report you wanted in the way you wanted, you can foodle around and make a replacement check format in Excel or Quattro to print the data onto a new check. Just make sure you make a copy of the data  trail (not the replacement check itself) for the payroll jacket, and one for any other record file you might need it for. Doesn't thrill the CPA, but as they say on Downton Abbey from time to time, "Sometimes needs must."

Hope this helps.
Ann

EMI FILTER COMPANY
Clearwater, Florida
EVO-Erp 2015.1, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 2008 network
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print