Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BOM issue (Read 902 times)
podell

No act of kindess is
ever wasted.

BOM issue
03/13/15 at 07:24:21

We believe we have a glitch that I can’t trace back. Maybe someone can assist...

We have created a part number, with appropriate BOM. Entered the work order to manufacture said part, printed the shop traveler and pick list (all as we have been doing since 2001).  

What is happening is the system will not print (or put an allocation on) all the items in the BOM. And it appears to be random what it chooses or doesn’t choose. We don’t usually catch this until you are doing material issues, or trying to determine why we have so much of something special in stock. All the parts required are in the BOM for the part, but they are not there in the BOM for the work order.  

This morning I created a new WO for one of the parts we had a problem with and it pulled all items and created all the allocations no problem. This was a part with about 25 items on the BOM. It has done this to final assemblies as well, with over 150 items, you just don’t know that it didn’t do what it was supposed to. I’m lost, and it makes me kind of nervous, with the stuff not being allocated we could over sell something pretty easy by thinking it is in stock when it is actually part of a job. The reason we thought it was due to BOM size was because the first times we noticed it was on a final (large BOM), but now it is happening on smaller ones as well.

It has happened previously, but it doesn’t happen often enough (that we are aware of) to be able to determine anything. At first we thought it was limited to large BOM but now it is happening to smaller ones as well. I don’t believe it is anything we are doing differently because we haven’t changed how we are doing things.

This happens in EVO....DBA works fine.  

any assistance would be appreciated.

Penny O'Dell, Office Manager
CEM Machine
Carthage, New York
Evo-ERP Update 2018.2 Pervasive v 11.30
  IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Re: BOM issue
Reply #1 - 04/08/15 at 10:18:59

some times when I convert an order evo will skip wo's for random items.

they will show up as needed on the MRP

so I have to manually create wo's for them

I wonder if its related

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print