Send Topic Print
Upgrade Problems (Read 1427 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Upgrade Problems
03/30/15 at 08:27:48

Hi,
We are testing the update from our old version 1/22/10 SP3 to the 2014.1 and then 2015.1 updates. Restored from a backup the primary DBA companies/info (not any of my test companies) to a new server do to the test.

The 2014.1 update completed with some errors related to the fact that my test companies do not exist.  However, there was a report at the end of the update to print, and since I was not tied to a printer, I thought I'd print it later. Now I can't find where that report would be.

Problem # 2 : When I load Evo to run the EVOUTIL step, it gave me first the error that Windows could not find the HHREG.exe file (nor can I).  Then it gives me  
Access violation at address:00000000. Read of address: 00000000.
Evo opens, but I have no icons/buttons, only the top menu bar of File Module Tools etc.  Happens with my Admin user as well as any normal user account.

No way to get into any modules to go and run the EVOUTIL step for each of our production companies, so no way to complete the update right now.

So I am dead in the water until I get answers here.  Any help would be appreciated. Lynn is out of the office.

Thanks,

Val

« Last Edit: 03/30/15 at 11:05:02 by gtladmin »  

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Upgrade Problems
Reply #1 - 03/31/15 at 14:02:50

Ok, problems are resolved.   Lynn told me I can regenerate the report at UT-A T7DDCHECK, which I did.  11 Errors between both our companies, and I re-ran the update to fix those--now zero errors. Whoo hoo!

As to my weird menu problem and the Access violation error, just ended up re-installing Evo on the client AFTER I completed the 2015 update and the client menu is fine now. So now we are all up to date and the test server is in business: Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (OES) on top of SuSE Linux Enterprise server 11SP3 with Pervasive 11 Sp3. All seems to be working fine so far!  Staff are going to start hammering away at it in the next few days to see how things work for tin Evo hem on this new platform.

For anyone curious, we are doing this to move off our old Novell server to a similar platform (instead of a very costly Windows server move), to keep the stability of the server at the high that it has been with Novell Netware and the costs low as it has been with Novell. Crossing my fingers...... Wink

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print