Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 04:07:21
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bypass serial number entry in WO-I (Read 3332 times)
Laura Oliver

Bypass serial number entry in WO-I
04/21/15 at 11:27:37

We use to only enter a serial number when we were posting an invoice in SO-G,  now that the MBA guy Angry has us entering finished production we find that DBA asks us once again to for a serial number when entering finished production. Why would we even need to enter a serial # in WO-I if we just entered the SN in SO-G?  We can bypass serial number entry when releasing a Sales Order in  SO-E. so why cant we bypass entering a serial number in WO=I?  

We do NOT want to have to reenter a serial number in WO-I.      
I may have missed a default. Is there a default that turns off sn entry in WO-I, but still allows us to enter serial numbers in SO-G?

Any and all help appreciated.  
Thanks
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Re: Bypass serial number entry in WO-I
Reply #1 - 04/21/15 at 14:52:58

If you are building to stock, the entire process makes sense (to us, anyways)

At Finish Production you need to assign a serial number to the Item.
When you post the Sales Order (actually that is when the Item is remove from the Inventory)
DBA needs to know what Item is removing. That is why you need to tell it what serial number is about to be remove.

Roll Eyes

Now, if you are talking about Non-Inventory Items and/or the Sales Order is link to the work order (SO-N), that is another history.
We don't have that situation, so I can't comment or know how it works, or how it should work.

cry

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 04/21/15 at 18:09:24

How could you ever have used the program without running WO-I?  Your inventory would be a mess.  You have to make things, put them into stock (even if just for a few minutes) and then ship.   The MBA guy is right.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #3 - 04/22/15 at 13:11:15

Yes, MBA guy is right, we should have been doing this all along.  If  over the last 18 years we have shipped 754 widgets DBA shows we have a negative 754 amount of the widgets in inventory.  So its not actually a mess. (although MBA man contends it a mess)   H O W E V E R ...... The MBA guy is pushing us to do things right so we are gonna start entering finished production.    

Do we need to enter serial numbers in both SO-G posting and WO-I enter finish production?    We really only want to do it once,  are we supposed to enter the serial number twice?    

Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Dave Miller

Reply #4 - 04/22/15 at 14:31:38

We enter the serial numbers in WO-I, then tag the ones we are shipping for a specific shipment at the time of releasing the order.

Dave Miller
CTM Magnetics
EvoErp with latest updates
  IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #5 - 04/22/15 at 19:20:24

Entering finished production is the best part. thats where you see if you screwed up.  Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #6 - 06/09/16 at 11:14:29

So if we enter finished production before we post an invoice then we will not be asked for the serial number again as we post?

I know we have been doing it wrong, but we posted and then entered finished production and we were asked to enter the Serial number at both places,  when we posted and when we entered finished production.

It is going to be hard to enter finished production before we post an invoice because we often do not have all our costs in from vendors.***** It is my understanding that you dont want to enter finished production until after you have entered all your costs ....or  SA-B will be wrong.

I would appreciate clarification.
Laura  

*** Our SA-B has been wrong (not matchng JC-A) because we enterered finished production after we posted the invoice.

It is going to be hard to enter fin production before we post the invoice because we often do not have all the labor posted or we may not have received invoices from our vendors.  We dont like to receive raw material POs without the vendors invoice because they are notorious for not matching due to the vendors pricing methods.  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #7 - 06/15/16 at 08:15:35

Quote from Laura Oliver on 06/09/16 at 11:14:29:
So if we enter finished production before we post an invoice then we will not be asked for the serial number again as we post?
]

Sadly we  still have to enter the serial number a 2nd time.   Even though we enter the SN in Enter finish production, we have to to enter it again...   (sigh)  

Is there a way to turn one of them off?  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #8 - 06/15/16 at 09:56:30

No, because you may have 50 units in stock and only be shipping 5 and you have to indicate which ones are being shipped.  You can select from the list, you don't have to type the number in.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #9 - 08/09/18 at 14:28:07

Our customers are waiting for their job before we even finish it.  We never make for stock.  It just seems like double work to have to enter the SN  when entering finished production AND when we post the invoice.  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #10 - 08/10/18 at 05:37:51

If you convert SO to WO and are shipping everything you make there is a new default that you can turn on that when the Serial numbers are entered in WO-I they are also attached to the Sales Order so you don't have to re-enter them when invoicing.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print