Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Archiving Question (Read 1201 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Archiving Question
05/27/15 at 15:51:10

We Archived vendor data.  One of the records was archived that Purchasing does not want archived.  Purchasing told me for this specific vendor code:

"We had the vendor code entered just to use as a "ship to" address when we entered Sources PO's.  There is no activity because we never use it as an actual vendor for PO receivings, payments, etc.  Where the PO form asks if we want to use a customer or a vendor file for shipping, we can either fill in C and use a customer record or V and use a vendor record."

So they want me to figure out how not to archive this one record, if possible.  Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being archived, or will is just get archived and I have to remember to keep restoring it?

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Archiving Question
Reply #1 - 05/28/15 at 09:59:24

The Ship To on POs pulls from the Location name and address entered in IN-L-B.  You don't need a dummy vendor for it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 05/29/15 at 09:50:12

Hi Lynn,

Ok so gave your reply to purchasing, and they replied back:

I don't even have access to IN-L-B actually.  And I thought Location referred to an inventory location (like you transfer or receive stock to where it's actually located, for example a contract manufacturer).  There's a separate field where you enter a location (or leave it blank for default ILT location).  When you enter the PO, the ship to has a box where you have to put C (for customer record) or V (for vendor record).  

So they are not clear on this...does this mean they don't enter anything in the ship to? Unless they are shipping to a contract manufacturer, for example?

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 05/29/15 at 10:33:32

I tested this, they do not have any address info entered into the location in IN-L-B so I added in the test company.
This works, except the location is "ILT Sources" because we can't fit our full company name into
the space....They do not want "ILT Sources" to be the name on the Ship To on the PO, which is why they are using the
vendor record instead.  

Is there a way around the space limitation issue in the location name?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print