Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paid time off (Read 1981 times)
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Paid time off
07/09/15 at 10:43:42

Here in California, effective July 2015, PTO (paid time off) has become law. Essentially it is vacation pay. It was created to provide part time and temporary employees a means to accrue paid vacation, now called paid time off. For some reason we are not allowed to use the terms 'vacation pay' in reporting. We now need to use 'paid time off'.  It would be nice in DBA if everywhere 'vacation' is used, it is replace by 'pd time off'. Seeing as that is not too likely to happen we can add a user defined payroll catagory. After running some tests we found that the payroll checks look great but the reports show 'other pay1'. Can this be changed to something like 'paid t/o'?

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Paid time off
Reply #1 - 07/09/15 at 13:02:41

Many PR reports are hard coded and cannot be modified by the end user. Any report where you get a popup (unless you have Quick Printing turned on) asking for a report name can be modified with the Report Editor.

If you've never used the RE it can be a little daunting, but you can certainly easily do what you're looking for with that, if the report is an RTM.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 07/09/15 at 13:47:27

The reports I need are PR-L-A through PR-L-D. I was afraid they were hard coded. There are only a few RTM files related to payroll and none of them looked promising. I was hoping Lynn and her group would have a quick fix and reference the new group set up in the payroll defaults for the reports.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 07/09/15 at 17:58:03

My understanding was that it was "Paid Sick Leave" and we already have that.   PR-A has the option to accrue Vacation and Sick Leave.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/Paid_Sick_Leave.htm

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 07/10/15 at 11:30:51

You're right it is sick leave. I was referencing a letter our lawyer sent to my boss. What he meant to say was we should lump all the wages that are not strictly hourly wages or salary into a catagory called paid time off (PTO).
The following is from:  http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/Paid_Sick_Leave.htm
"What happens when an employer has its own Paid Time Off (PTO) plan?
The new law establishes a minimum requirement, but an employer can provide sick leave through its own plan or establish different plans for different categories of workers.  However, each plan must satisfy the accrual, carryover, and use requirements of the law or put the full amount of leave into your leave bank at the beginning of each year in accordance with the PTO policy.  If an employer provides a policy which exceeds the minimum requirements, including providing a specific cap, the policy must be clear as to the additional terms that apply to their employees."
By lumping all of our vacation days, sick days and bonuses into paid time off or paid leave we don't have to change anything procedurally. We just need to change our personnel policy manual.
(sorry about calling it vacation pay instead of sick leave)  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print