Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CC account codes (Read 1026 times)
MDavis
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

CC account codes
01/25/16 at 07:09:10

I would like to be able to enter more than one account code for credit card charges through GL-L. I have numerous receipts to enter throughout the month that contain purchases for items that need to be split among multiple accounts. The only way to get the correct $ to the correct account is to create multiple entries for a single purchase, thereby complicating reconciliation at month end. For now, I just have to enter one account number, using whichever account is appropriate for the majority of the items purchased.  

Also, the description field is too short on the GL-L. I would like to type the vendor name and a brief description of what was purchased. (I am aware that I can use the vendor field at the bottom for vendors that are set up in the system, but given the huge problem I had with the AP Register over the summer I do not wish to ever associate credit card purchases with the vendor subsidiary AP ledger again).

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: CC account codes
Reply #1 - 02/25/16 at 09:43:22

We don't use GL-L. I think I looked at it once but decided not to use it (don't remember why).

We enter non-PO receipts in AP-B to the Credit Card Issuer, type = Manual Check. Enter up to 15(?) GL accounts, select appropriate "Bank Account" to post to.

The rare PO receipt is entered in AP-C as a Type = C ("COD"). When saving, select CC "Bank Account".

To make payment, use GL-K from cash account to CC account.  

Reconcile with GL-J.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1