Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 13:03:42
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trial Balance not Balancing (Read 1201 times)
abrown
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Trial Balance not Balancing
03/01/16 at 07:50:32

Our accountant is telling us that her Trial Balance has not balanced for 10+ years.  She is trying to find a way to fix this issue.    She is wondering if there is a way to enter a one sided entry in the balance sheet to fix it.  Does anyone know of a way to find out what is going on here or post a one sided entry to fix it so her Trial Balance will actually balance?

Thanks!

I just realized I posted this in the general area and not under accounting.  I do not see a way to move it.  If a form moderator could move it to the accounting section that would be great!

« Last Edit: 03/01/16 at 09:26:16 by Lynn_Pantic »  
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Trial Balance not Balancing
Reply #1 - 03/01/16 at 09:30:58

There is a way to make a one sided entry but first you need to know what is needed.  Are there balances forward on any Income or Expense accounts?  Do the YE Journals balance (as printed using GL-D)?   There was a known bug (long since fixed but I believe you are still on the old version without the fix) relating to prior year backdated entries closing out to Retained Earnings causing an out of balance condition so that is the first place I would look.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print