Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 11:55:34
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SM-V Check for and Install Updates (Read 2502 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

SM-V Check for and Install Updates
03/10/16 at 09:00:51

For patches, should everyone be out of Evo when applying?  I am sure the answer is yes, but I was asked to make sure. My typical method is have everyone out, do a backup, then patch or update., and run the menu update after all is said and done.

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: SM-V Check for and Install Updates
Reply #1 - 03/28/16 at 08:43:23

OK, so I just did the patches, and I don't think 2 of them are applying. At least one keeps showing up in the list when I do "check for updates".  I logged in as admin, ran SM-V, it said I had 4 patches - SO-A, PO-C, WO-I, and FO-G.  I cilcked on "install patches" and the green bars flash across showing me download activity. and then it was done.  I did check for updates again, and the FO-G shows up again. I decided to check the version on each program, but I have no way of knowing if they are in fact that latest version for my version of Evo.  The SO-A says 2-8-16; the PO-C says 3.2-16; the WO-I says 7-13-15 (so likely not), the FO-G says 8-25-14 (likely not).

So, why won't those 2 packages update????

Can you add the new package # to the patches screen so that we can verify them once the Evo updating says it's done?

Also, when I log out and back into Evo, it no longer tells me I have updates, so maybe it is updated in spite of the two old program
dates?

Thanks,  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #2 - 03/28/16 at 14:20:24

It's always a good idea to backup before installing patches and or installing a update. The patch program is smart enough to know if any of the programs that are in use are the ones its going to update then they will be skipped.  That being said as good practice I usually try and install patches when all users are off the system to avoid any issue. Its just safer that way. In regards to the FO-G showing in the patch program after updating  that is a known issue. If you are running the 2016.1 update with all the patches installed the enhancement date on the FO-G 8/25/14. As for the other programs I believe there was a patch release recently so those dates for the SO-A,PO-C and WO-I i believe have changed.

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 04/01/16 at 05:38:39

Thanks, we backup all the time (we are seasoned admins    Wink   )

We actually don't actively use FO-G, and the date seems to indicate it has not really been updated, so I will ignore.

We are not on the 2016.1 patch yet, waiting for more feedback from the "beta" testers Wink  and a time when it can be done off hours.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
MikeT

Reply #4 - 09/07/16 at 06:20:59

I was having the same problem with this.... We just installed 2016.2 update over the weekend and it was maybe the smoothest update I've done with Evo in 6 years. It fixes the hung update for FO-G.

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #5 - 09/19/16 at 12:04:09

Yeah, it actually was fixed for us when we upgraded to 2016.2 a while back, shortly after the update was made available.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print