Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 02:48:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Outside Process Scheduling (Read 2204 times)
AaronR
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Outside Process Scheduling
06/22/16 at 05:23:15

Could anyone help me with the scheduling of outside processes? I am playing with scheduling to see if we can use it but I can't seem to get how DBA handles the Outside steps. I have been playing with Finite Scheduling and Lead Time Scheduling but I can't seem to find any consistency. In some cases it even shows a start date of Tomorrow (set by the scheduler) and a finish date of days ago. Work Centers seem to be set up correctly and everything seems to work out great going through the shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any pointers on how to set the system up for scheduling or any helpful hints?  

Thanks!
Aaron

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Outside Process Scheduling
Reply #1 - 06/22/16 at 06:44:23

If your outside processing operations have lead times defined then any of the scheduling models should insert those days into the overall schedule.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
AaronR
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 06/22/16 at 06:50:37

I have done some testing with this and have gone in and changed the Lead Time for the outside process to something large, like 300 days and then re-ran the scheduler and it did not change the finish date. This sequence does have a PO attached to it, would the PO dates be interfearing?

Thanks,
Aaron

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 06/22/16 at 07:54:27

If you already have a work order in place you have to make the change in WO-K-A not RO-A.  Changes to master BOM and Routing do not affect existing work orders.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
AaronR
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 06/22/16 at 08:42:46

You bet. Once the WO has been created the all changes that I have made have been by using either WO-A to change Start/Finish/Due Dates or WO-K-A to change lead times.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print