Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 14:58:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adding BOM Line Descriptions/Specs. . . (Read 1850 times)
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Adding BOM Line Descriptions/Specs. . .
07/08/16 at 11:58:30

Is it possible to add the second line description and the Specs for BOM Items to the traveler?  I'm afraid I may be limited to the fields that are in the WOBOM data table.

If there's a way, can someone share?

Thanks,

IP Logged
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Re: Adding BOM Line Descriptions/Specs. . .
Reply #1 - 07/08/16 at 12:41:37

I sort of got it.  I added the field for second line description and the fields for the first 2 specs.  Both specs lines return the first spec.  I'm using MTIC.PROD.SPECS.1 and MTIC.PROD.SPECS.2.   If I look at the file MTICMSTR, it looks like there is only 1 specs field MTIC.PROD.SPECS.  Are all of the specs stored by position in the one field?  If so, how do I retrieve line 2 or 3?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 07/08/16 at 13:11:31

The field is what we call an array and on RTMs you have to put the array element number in square brackets after the field name for anything other than the first.  So MTIC.PROD.SPECS[2]

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Reply #3 - 07/11/16 at 04:57:26

Perfect.  Thank you!

IP Logged
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Reply #4 - 07/11/16 at 05:34:03

One more question. . . can I get the Specifications array to print dynamically?  For example, print one line if there is one line and 5 lines if there are five?  I'd hate to include multiple blank lines on each BOM line if I don't have to.

IP Logged
JEMM
Administrator

In two days from
now, tomorrow will
be yesterday.

Reply #5 - 07/12/16 at 08:54:54

This is possible to do by creating Region Boxes (Region - Gray Boxes) and adding each field to a separate Region Box.  Each Region Box must have the ShiftRelativeTo contain the Name of the Region just above it.  If the MTIC.PROD.SPEC[x] field is blank, the region box with shift upwards in the report and therefore eliminating the blank lines.  If you select the region box, the properties for Name, ShiftRelativeTo and Pen can be found in the table on the left.  The Pen is useful to to remove the actual box around the Region.  Note: This only works for alphanemeric fields since they can be blank.  Numeric and Date fields are non-blank so the shifting of the Regions will not work.  Nor adding text labels inside the regions.

Mike

Mike
ISTechSupport
Email   IP Logged
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Reply #6 - 07/12/16 at 11:38:13

Great.  I'll try my hand at that this afternoon.  Thanks for chiming in.

Tony

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print