Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 10:17:13
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bogus Item Numbers allowed in SO-A (Read 1589 times)
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Bogus Item Numbers allowed in SO-A
08/10/16 at 09:07:17

I put it under Sporadic, because it's not a generally recognized issue, but it happens to us every single time.

We have On-the-Fly Item Number creation turned off. Used to work fine - you try to enter an Item Number and first you'd get a "Not found, do you want to create?" If you said Yes, then you'd get a "That ability has been turned off" message.

For the last couple/few years that no longer works and I'm wondering if there's anyone else with the same issue so that maybe we can figure out what we have in common so they can find and fix it.

If I enter an invalid Item Number and press Enter, it goes to the Description Field - no warning of any sort.
If I then back up (Shift+Tab) one space, it goes back two, to the Line Number field, and clears the line.
However, there is now a Line there with the bogus Item Number there, and nothing else.

One distinction I thought I noticed this morning, and this is that it appeared the problem occurs only happens if you do exactly as I describe above.  

This morning, I found that when I Enter/Tabbed PAST the Description to Ship Qty, and then Shift-Tabbed back up, it didn't enter the bogus Item Number. I did this twice to make sure, and it worked both times. However, when I later tried going further, to see if it continued at each field, or let me enter all the way through, I couldn't. As soon as I got to the Ship Qty field it Entered the line with the Bogus Item Number in there. However, this morning Evo had been veeeery slow on my computer, so maybe I was backing up before it realized I had entered anything. So, whether this (going to Ship Qty before backing up) is a consistent issue or not is hard to tell at the moment.

Huh

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Re: Bogus Item Numbers allowed in SO-A
Reply #1 - 08/10/16 at 09:58:41

Hi David,

We have the 2016.1 update installed and our SO-A has a 04/12/16 date.
I created a new SO  
On the Line Items tab, I clicked on the Green  Plus icon

Ref 10, tab ( I did not hit "ENTER" )
Typed "Bogus" on item number field, tab ( I did not hit "ENTER" )
got the warming MSG
Clicked Yes
Got the other warming MSG : ...been disable in SD-Q
Clicked OK
The item number field clears, and the focus has been moved to Description field.

If I type something on the description field the system moves to another line
I can not do anything. the line "10" became a description.

I saved the SO, when back to the Line "10" I was able to enter a qty and a price (LOL),  

I tried several scenarios, the system does not allow us to enter a "Bogus" part id.

Hope this helps,

Cool

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #2 - 08/10/16 at 10:21:10

Sounds like a different problem, but still not working right.

If I understand, you can't "generate" an invalid Item Number, but if you enter one, you can then enter a description with no Item Number attached to it.

I tried a similar thing by entering no Item Number, but something in the description. As soon as I got to the Ship Qty it closed the line. Saving and going back in, it clears the line as soon as I get to Ship Qty.

I've also noticed that if I leave the BOGUS Item Number line there, it gets purged when saving the SO.

However, if after "generating" a BOGUS Item Number, if I add a Description, the Item Number is gone, but the Line/Description are still there when I go back into the SO.

So, whether you've been a help or not is questionable. It does seem that you've uncovered either another bug or a different iteration of the same one, and I appreciate your taking some time to try and figure it out. Smiley

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 02/15/17 at 11:21:19

My guess is that our issue is related to the fact that we have LPN turned on. Because we are not actually entering the "ITEM NUMBER", rather it's "LONG PART NUMBER". My guess is that the system was never designed to check if that field was was valid or not.

We are close to being able to turn LPN off. It's a lot of work to change back from LPxxx... to real numbers and you have to do them one at a time and it takes a while for even just one.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print