Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/25/24 at 16:03:48
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Printing 2nd traveler form (Read 3845 times)
deburr

Printing 2nd traveler form
10/20/16 at 05:14:21

I have different rtm templates for different uses, that I print from the "Print Travelers" program. For example, I will print an inspection report blank based on the job traveler which is a custom .RTM called T6WOCINS.RTM.  

It would be helpful if the print travelers program, after printing the traveler and asking "finished printing?" and the user answering NO, if it would take you back to the pop up where you can select another RTM rather than to the printer selection popup.

As it works now I have to answer "YES" which terminates the program and I have to restart the print travelers program and re-enter all the parameters to select another RTM.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Printing 2nd traveler form
Reply #1 - 12/20/16 at 09:34:47

Quote from deburr on 10/20/16 at 05:14:21:
It would be helpful if the print travelers program, after printing the traveler and asking "finished printing?"...

I'm confused. My WO-C doesn't ask if you're finished printing.

The closest thing I can think of to the situation you're describing (Y/N) is if you've already printed a WO it asks if you want to re-print it.

It sounds more like you want something as in POs and Invoices where you get to mark whether it was printed or not, AND THEN go back to the Print Selection screen with the same selection criteria that you just used.

Quote from deburr on 10/20/16 at 05:14:21:
For example, I will print an inspection report blank...

If it's just a blank report with no data from Evo, the Links feature would be a much better method IMO. Print the Traveler and the inspection report automatically follows. We do this with several different types of reports, including Inspections.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #2 - 12/20/16 at 09:58:28

Dave
We use T6WOC.run. After clicking print on the main selection screen, and then accepting the default RTM, a print screen pops up with printer options appears. Clicking "OK" after accepting the default print options another popup asks "Finished Printing? with Yes & No buttons.

Do you use T6 program?

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 12/20/16 at 10:16:28

OIC, no - we use the T7 one.

Now that you say that I have a vague recollection of it happening at some point in the past, whether BK or T6 I don't recall.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #4 - 12/20/16 at 12:38:56

I just checked with the T7 program and it does exactly the same as the T6 version.

1. The main program window - enter WO number and parameters, click print.
2. Select Report Format Name (popup) - prefilled with default RTM, click OK or select other RTM and click OK.
3. Print - printer dialog box with printer options, accept defualts or select various options and click OK.
4. Confirm- popup with Y/N buttons. Click N loop back to step 3. Click Y go to step 5.
5. T6 - program ends WO-C main window closes / T7 program ends but T7 main window remains open to enter more print jobs.

What would be helpful to me is when in step 4 the answer is N, the program would loop to step 2 instead of step 3 so I could select another rtm without having to go to step 1 and refilling all the parameters again. I still need all the header data from the work order on the "second traveler form" but the lower section is custom layout.

Hopefully that makes my need a little clearer.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #5 - 12/20/16 at 13:48:41

Quote from deburr on 12/20/16 at 12:38:56:
I just checked with the T7 program and it does exactly the same as the T6 version.

1. The main program window - enter WO number and parameters, click print.
2. Select Report Format Name (popup) - prefilled with default RTM, click OK or select other RTM and click OK.
3. Print - printer dialog box with printer options, accept defualts or select various options and click OK.
4. Confirm- popup with Y/N buttons. Click N loop back to step 3. Click Y go to step 5.
5. T6 - program ends WO-C main window closes / T7 program ends but T7 main window remains open to enter more print jobs.

Don't have step 4 on mine. Banner date 4/27/16. Maybe there's an option turned off/on on one of our systems...

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 12/22/16 at 09:46:24

There is a default setting in SD-A for "Multiple Print Dialog Box"(Y/N/A) and if it is set to "A" then all the programs will prompt "Finished Printing?" to give you a chance to go back to the print dialog box and print again.  So you can preview and then go back and email (as an example).   David, you must not have that turned on.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print