Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/23/24 at 12:26:03
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GL-B Using Old Transaction #s (Read 1764 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

GL-B Using Old Transaction #s
11/28/16 at 14:43:26

We are on GL-B 3/8/16.  Holly is reporting that when she adds a transaction in one company in GL-B, it says it will be based on one number, like 14065, but then the actual transaction # getting assigned is something like 2994.  Sequentially, this would be a number back from around 2005-2006.  Why is this suddenly occurring, what would trigger this?  It seems to be find in our other company, the transaction # being assigned is tracking in order.

Help!  Finance is concerned since they will have to close the month, we are under audit, and the auditors may take issue with these out of sequence transaction numbers.

I had Holly try in both our companies, and also the same in the test companies, and it seems to be an issue with only one company, whether live or test.
Nothing that we can see in defaults triggers this, nor to our knowledge has any defaults been actually changed in quite some time.

Thanks in advance,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
prophet

Re: GL-B Using Old Transaction #s
Reply #1 - 11/29/16 at 01:16:07

Just to make sure you should check your next General Ledger Journal # in SD-R. If that is good then take a look at the ISNUMBER file using maintain database, look it over for any discrepancies. Wouldn't hurt to re-index that file as well.

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 11/29/16 at 08:29:11

Thank you!  

we'll give that a shot!  Lynn also emailed to tell us to use SD-R to fix.  
Of course, accounting is wondering how it got messed up. I've learned there is never an answer for stuff like this... It's fine one day, the next...who knows why....

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 12/20/16 at 09:14:42

Possibly related - a week or two ago I had something go wrong when copying a quote (can't remember what), and after that it reset the Next Number field to way back when. Just this morning I was reminded by my salesman and had to go in and reset it to where it should be.

FWIW, we originally had 4 digit quote numbers, about 5 years ago we went to 5 digit and as of Jan 1 this year we set it to 6 digit to match our SOs, Inv etc. The NN had been reset to the 4-digit range.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 12/29/16 at 08:47:17

Thanks, Dave. I have printed this thread for our accounting manager, maybe this will be helpful to her when troubleshooting if it happens again!  It's entirely possible, I know I have heard sales sometimes have a sales order or a quote where copying hung up things, esp. the original they were copying from....

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print