Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/28/24 at 13:28:56
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO-C,WO-D Missing Part Type B (Read 2047 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

WO-C,WO-D Missing Part Type B
12/30/16 at 13:07:32

Interesting issue now that Walter changed some N parts to B parts.  

When manufacturing goes to print the pick lists the B parts no longer show in the list, and there is not a option to include the inventory type B (only RFAMN) when printing the pick lists.  

I did try (for kicks) to edit a local wod.ini file and add type B, and we can see it in the inventory type in WO-D screen, but type B parts still do not print on the pick list.

Also tried using all of the report formats, to no avail.

As for the travelers, the B parts (formerly N parts) no longer show up in our old customized report we've been using for quite a few years (t6woc3a.rtm).  I did find in report format 5 (t6woc5,rtm), with a barcode, B part types show up.  However, when I try to edit a copy of this report to add a qty bar code and change the Reference and Picked labels to Scrapped and Returned, the B parts no longer show on the report.  It removes those phantoms the minute
I change anything on the report.

Any way to get the B part types to show up again in the Pick list, and any way to modify the report format 5 without killing the B type parts showing up?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: WO-C,WO-D Missing Part Type B
Reply #1 - 01/09/17 at 13:13:18

bump-ditty-bump-ditty-bump......anyone seen this?

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #2 - 01/12/17 at 08:55:20

I think that when you change a part type, you need to re-roll up standard cost for the items it show under where used so it will acknowledge that they are the new type.

Type B is a phantom and on the pick list it would show the items in the bill of material of the phantom part because it just passes them to the parent work order.  On the traveler, it should show both the phantom with the parts it contains directly below it.

Darla Long
Catalytic Industrial Group, Inc.
Independence Ks
dba 2004.1 client/server EVO Version 2020.0 08/07/20 Build Pervasive 11.3
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 01/31/17 at 13:44:34

Thanks Darla. That helps somewhat. Walter says the rollup occurs automatically when he changes the part type, but perhaps only for that part and not, as you indicate, for all parts it may show up in "where used". We can try that.

Still do not have an answer to help with the report issue though.  Maybe someone out there has a custom report for the pick list that will print type B parts?

Kind regards,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 02/01/17 at 08:47:52

They should not be B type, you are not using them correctly.  The original N was correct and an N component should not prompt the Multi-Yield at WO-I, that is based on the settings for the parent part.

Also, changing a part type in IN-B does not do any sort of BOM rollup.  You need to run BM-G as Darla says.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #5 - 02/03/17 at 10:22:46

I think he is running BM-G, but I will double check....

Is there something detailed I can give to Walter on N vs B parts, the why's, etc. so I can get him to understand (accept) this?  Are you saying the issue is that the parent part is not typed correctly?  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #6 - 02/06/17 at 13:53:01

We use phantom assemblies for components with minimal processing that we don't want to have to create a separate work order for. The type B components fall to the parent work order and will show up on the parent part pick list.  Below is EVO's definition of the type B phantom assembly.

B = Phantom Assembly: an assembly that is never manufactured or stocked.  A phantom is a item number that represents a kit of items.  A phantom may be included in a bill of material, effectively bringing in all its components by use of one number.  When a work order is created, the phantom's components are automatically included with the manufactured assembly's components.  Phantoms make it easy to include common sets of parts within bills without having to enter each component.  Work orders are not allowed for phantom assemblies.

Darla Long
Catalytic Industrial Group, Inc.
Independence Ks
dba 2004.1 client/server EVO Version 2020.0 08/07/20 Build Pervasive 11.3
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print