Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/29/24 at 03:46:25
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
That WBTRVMEMO.B can't be opened message... (Read 2812 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

That WBTRVMEMO.B can't be opened message...
01/05/17 at 14:07:36

Ok, every once in a great while this happens. Setup a new client, and the message pops up when launching c:\ists\evoerp.exe "Wbtrvmemo.B could not be opened and Btrieve memos will not be available".  Click on OK, and the EvoERP login screen comes up and everything seems to work just fine after that.  But I cannot seem to figure out
why this error occurs. I have this on 2 systems.  Not occurring on other systems, so it's got to be something local to these 2 systems.  

Anyone have an idea?  I have checked permissions for the Pervasive program and ISTS folders, disabled the HIPS (host intrusion prevention), and it still persists......

We need a comprehensive troubleshooting document on just this error. The reporting history of past occurrences is incredible....

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: That WBTRVMEMO.B can't be opened message...
Reply #1 - 01/09/17 at 13:12:33

bump-ditty-bump......anyone???

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 01/31/17 at 13:42:16

Figured it out myself.  In our environment we have to set the "use btrvmemos" in the taspro7.ini file to 0 instead of 1.

We were also getting an error with some programs when in Evo, and when exiting Evo (the users were seeing that "comprehensive" error window that allows you to close application continue application, exit.  In these instances, an install of the Pervasive 11 sp3 client enables both the local micro kernel engine and the remote micro kernel engine. This is creating a conflict that results in the access violations listed in the report from this error screen.  When the client is installed, the proper setting needs to be made in the Pervasive Control center, and it had not been. Once we turned off the local micro kernel engine, it was fine, no more errors.

Just an FYI for anyone else who may come across these issues.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
MikeT

Reply #3 - 03/10/17 at 14:19:15

How do you disable the local microkernel engine on clients?

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 03/29/17 at 14:40:05

Make sure the client it out of Evo.
Run the Pervasive Control Center as the local admin user.
When it opens, find and click on the link "Configure Microkernel Router".
Under "Access" settings there are options for "Use Local MicroKernel Engine" and also "Use Remote MicroKernel Engine". For whatever reason in PSQL 11 SP3 it enabled both.  I went and unchecked the "Use Local MicroKernel Engine" and clicked on "Apply" then OK.  
Exited the PCC.
Loaded up Evo and the error was no longer present.

That fixed it for us, YMMV.

Kind regards,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print