Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/18/24 at 23:58:30
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
INVOICE / PACK SLIP NUMBERING (Read 1360 times)
EMI Ann

Non calor sed umor
est qui nobis
incommodat.

INVOICE / PACK SLIP NUMBERING
01/31/17 at 12:01:30

I am running 2015.2. Out of the clear blue, SO-A has stopped issuing invoice numbers at saving as it has in the past. I am doing everything the same way I always have, ticking the Ready to Ship box, making sure that the corresponding box is set to  Y on the lines of the SO, saving as always. Now no invoice number is set. I have my system defaults set to have the pack slip number match the invoice number. If I just go to print the pack slips, it assigns some other numbers to them, NOT the invoice number. I have checked; nothing has been changed in my settings. If I print invoices first, it seems to settle that, giving them numbers that match the invoices, but then the invoice numbering is not done in the order that I have released the sales orders; it assigns them numbers that are whatever the heck it wants to assign them, which creates some nuisance factor issues in the actual physical paper handling arena for us. All I can do to make the numbers match up is to release them one at a time in the order that I want, or print the invoices one at a time in the order that I want, both time consuming and annoying.
This has started out of the clear blue. I have not run updates or patches to 2015 since around the first of the year, and I have not run any updates or patches or anything to any other software on our server or individual machines that we use as sales order work stations. The first day it did this, it was some one way, and some the other, but then became all of them. This is consistent, not sporadic.
Any ideas what happened, and / or how to get it to behave again?

Thanks!
Ann Luce

EMI FILTER COMPANY
Clearwater, Florida
EVO-Erp 2015.1, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 2008 network
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: INVOICE / PACK SLIP NUMBERING
Reply #1 - 02/01/17 at 08:44:02

SO-A has never assigned invoice numbers.  If you have the default set to make Pack Slip and Invoice number match, you have to use SO-E to release the order which also pulls the next invoice number and assigns that as the pack slip number as well.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
EMI Ann

Non calor sed umor
est qui nobis
incommodat.

Reply #2 - 02/01/17 at 14:39:09

???
For years now, I have set the sales order as ready to ship, with the same ticked as Y on the item line, and saved, and the new invoice number has popped up in the last invoice number box at the top right of the header page when I get the box that asks me if I want to use the default ending lines for SO whatever. The number in that box has been the packing slip number that prints out when I print the packing slip and the invoice number that prints out when I print invoices. I haven't used release sales orders SO-E in years. Except for this week because it wasn't working as it normally does.... and when I do, I get packing slip numbers that are waaaayyyyy out of sequence from what my invoice numbers are running, and aren't in any sort of sequence with each other. Monday, some did match, some didn't. Tuesday, none matched. Today, out of 6, 2 matched, 4 did not.

I seem to remember a long time ago that in the SD Sales you could set the number that you wanted invoices, pack slips, quotes, etc. to start with, but I'm not finding it for looking.... could something have happened there, because my SD sales is definitely set for pack slip and invoice numbers to match.

Is there some other setting somewhere that could have been inadvertently reset by someone?

Has anyone else ever run into this?

Thanks,
Ann Luce

EMI FILTER COMPANY
Clearwater, Florida
EVO-Erp 2015.1, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 2008 network
  IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #3 - 02/07/17 at 14:32:05

In System Manager under SD-R (Assign Next Document Numbers)  It states that everyone must be out of the system to make changes, but you can go into it-view only to see what the current next numbers are.

Darla Long
Catalytic Industrial Group, Inc.
Independence Ks
dba 2004.1 client/server EVO Version 2020.0 08/07/20 Build Pervasive 11.3
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print