Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/25/24 at 10:25:03
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
shortcut properties of EVO login, (Read 3960 times)
Laura Oliver

shortcut properties of EVO login,
02/22/17 at 13:15:12

It seems several of my workstations have different EVO shortcut properties.    I believe they have different targets, yet they all work/

C:\ISTS\evoerp.exe C:\ISTS.
C:\ISTS\tp7runtime.exe C:\ISTS.
 C:\ISTS\evoerp.exe  
M:\EvoERP.exe

All of the above successfully access EVO on at least one of our machines.How is this possible?

PROBLEM:
I ask because I have an XP workstation that only had one user but I want to add another user.    DBA icon and login was fine, but I cant get the EVO login to work.  
I keep getting a long list of files that didnt copy correctly.    I have tried all the above.   What is crazy is that the original user on this machine accesses EVO fine.  

I have copied the icons from other machines, I have changed the paths.  I am dumbfounded.
Any and all help appreciate.

Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Re: shortcut properties of EVO login,
Reply #1 - 02/23/17 at 10:48:12

For that XP workstation is the Drive that the DBAMFG folder is on or the folder itself mapped? If it isn't then try mapping the drive or the folder then do the Workstation install from the mapped drive. This is for the XP station only.

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 02/23/17 at 12:09:10

Quote from prophet on 02/23/17 at 10:48:12:
For that XP workstation is the Drive that the DBAMFG folder is on or the folder itself mapped? If it isn't then try mapping the drive or the folder then do the Workstation install from the mapped drive. This is for the XP station only.

Thanks

Both?  I have two EVO icons on the first identity desktop.  The first EVO icon is pointed to M:\EvoERP.exe ,  the 2nd EVO icon is pointed  to C:\ISTS\evoerp.exe  and there is a DBA icon pointed to M;.
If i switch to the new (problem)  identity I have a DBA icon successfully pointed to M , but sadly I can't get this new identity to access EVO.   I have deleted and recreated identity/users to no avail.  

Is it possible that EVO could be mapped successfully on one identity, but no on the other identity,  ... even if both id/users are on the same EP Machine?  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #3 - 02/23/17 at 13:20:44

Bingo!

I had to log in the administrator id and go into the CCheesyrive and give all rights and privledges to the folder ISTS  on C:

Thanks,
LAURA

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Reply #4 - 02/23/17 at 13:47:32

The EVO Icon should always point to the ISTS folder on that workstation. And that user should have full permissions to the ISTS folder. The reason for that is there is a lot personal settings that are saved to the ISTS folder like email settings, saved settings for menus and such. Settings you set in US-A. All are saved to that users ISTS folder.  

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #5 - 02/24/17 at 09:48:06

ewww... hmmmm   Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

We have several workstations that do not point to the ISTS folder on the workstation.   They point to the DBAMFG folder on M:
I guess it is not a problem right now  because we don't have internet on workstations or have personal settings saved. (unless  that is the cause of all the error/stall problems we have in EVO ), However if were were to get internet on our workstations I will make sure  the EVO Icons all  point to its own respective workstation.    

Note for future:   All EVO icons should point to the ISTS folder on it's respective workstation.  Personal settings in EVO problems/issues/ do not work if the icon is not pointed toward the ISTS folder on the workstation.  

Thanks again,
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Reply #6 - 02/24/17 at 14:15:06

If the EVO ICON is pointing directly to the evoerp.exe in the DBAMFG folder you still can change and save settings, But what may happen is when they change and save settings those changes might apply to everyone. So in this case its best to have it the way the programmers intended it to be. Which is to have the ICON on the Desktop pointing to the ISTS folder. I hope all this helps.

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #7 - 02/27/17 at 10:52:43

Wow Prophet!
Thanks for the explanation.... very helpful!  
Blessings,
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print