News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IN-B (Read 4165 times)
gina

IN-B
04/25/17 at 07:56:57

In using DBA we are trying to use the "Image Link" to attach PDF drawings to our routers.  We have tried everything as far as typing in the exact link document path and name and do not seem to be having any luck.  Is this function available in DBA? Our ultimate goal is to print the traveler and have the linked drawing print at the same time.  Thank you.

IP Logged
prophet

Re: IN-B
Reply #1 - 04/25/17 at 08:24:45

are you using a global path? If not try shorting up the link path. Did you choose to print the image or the Link on the traveler?

IP Logged
gina

Reply #2 - 04/25/17 at 08:29:15

I did use the global link path.  I want the drawing to print with the traveler.  I finally got the path and name correct and can click on the camera in inventory and it works, I just can't get it to print with the traveler.

IP Logged
Dave Miller

Reply #3 - 04/25/17 at 10:29:44

Are you instructing it where to print in the Printing tab of the entering links screen?

Dave Miller
CTM Magnetics
EvoErp with latest updates
  IP Logged
gina

Reply #4 - 04/25/17 at 10:45:06

when you say "are you telling it where to print" do you mean the traveler, the PO, the acknowledgement, etc...?  If so, yes and I valued the fields with L for Link and P, C, B (I tried each of them)...

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 04/25/17 at 13:10:23

You can only get this to work when sending the Traveler (or PO or whatever) to the printer, not preview and regardless what printer you snd the traveler or PO to, the PDF will print on your Windows default printer.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gina

Reply #6 - 04/26/17 at 07:52:03

Yes, we are sending it to the printer (not preview).  When setting up the link there is a field that says "Use IE or O and if O, Specify Other".  We are not sure what this means as there is no help for the field...it is automatically valued with an I (Internet Explorer?) and the linked documents do not print, we can change to O but we have to specify what other is, what are the choices? Again, there is no help available for this field.  This is the only thing we can think of that is preventing the linked documents to print.  Thank you!

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #7 - 04/26/17 at 07:57:13

Did you also make the selection in WO-C to Print Linked Documents?

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
gina

Reply #8 - 04/26/17 at 09:20:00

Yes, we valued the "print linked documents" with a Y in WO-C

IP Logged
JeffF
Browser

It's just a game

Reply #9 - 01/29/18 at 18:00:56

I would like to know if this was ever answered? We are having the same issue here and cannot find a simple solution. What did you do to render the situation?

I did everything listed in the training videos and the instruction manual and I still cannot get the full page drawings to print at the end of the travelers.  

IP Logged
prophet

Reply #10 - 01/30/18 at 10:32:19

In the Link settings what did you chose Thumbnail or Image Link? What did you choose for the Traveler, Parent, component or both?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print