Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/19/24 at 05:55:33
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AP-I Speed | Server vs Local Machine (Read 802 times)
PBrigido
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

AP-I Speed | Server vs Local Machine
04/26/17 at 08:10:57

Hello,

We are trying to figure out a speed issue on our network.  It seems that when the person in charge of Finance runs an AP-I report on his local machine, the report takes 40 minutes.  Logging into the server where EVO is installed/hosted on, the report takes less than 1 minute.

A few notes:
 1. When running on the local machine, the network isn't hit hard (gigabit), either on the client side or server side
 2. We're running a VM of SBS2011  on a Dell PE7200xd (essentially Server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010) with 48GB RAM, 6 CPUs, and plenty of SAS HD space to spare
 3. When running the report on the server, one of the 6 CPUs spikes to about 60% for the minute duration it runs from.

So we were tossing around a few ideas of why this is happening.  Since we don't seem to be taxing either local or server resources, we were wondering if there is some sort of throttling that takes place on the client side.  But as of now, all ideas and theories are on the table.

Thanks in advance!

-Phil

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: AP-I Speed | Server vs Local Machine
Reply #1 - 04/26/17 at 11:17:59

Regardless or resources, 40 minutes is way too long.  Use AM-J and archive AP history.  Seriously, once the invoice is paid, when was the last time you had to go back to something more than 6 months old? You probably have 10-15 years or more worth of data in there.  If you ever do need to research something that has been archived, AP-R Payment History Report can access the archived data.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
PBrigido
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 04/26/17 at 11:35:54

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 04/26/17 at 11:17:59:
Regardless or resources, 40 minutes is way too long.  Use AM-J and archive AP history.  Seriously, once the invoice is paid, when was the last time you had to go back to something more than 6 months old? You probably have 10-15 years or more worth of data in there.  If you ever do need to research something that has been archived, AP-R Payment History Report can access the archived data.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion!

It's been my experience that the "power-that-be" are afraid that archiving data will somehow make it inaccessible, even though we have the ability to restore the data from the archive.  I guess I wasn't aware of the impact that having that much legacy data could drag the system down.  I'll take this info to them and hopefully persuade them that archiving is something that should be done on a regular basis.

Thanks!

-Phil

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 04/26/17 at 15:57:20

Every single dataset in the system that can be archived has reports and programs that can view and access the archived data.  You don't even have to restore it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print