Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/18/24 at 20:00:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weird Printing Issue with Invoices (Read 2033 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Weird Printing Issue with Invoices
08/08/17 at 12:18:19

Okay, this is weird..... Shocked

When we print our invoices, the far right numbers in the header Invoice number, date, phone, fax, page) are getting cut off. You can see it on the screen and they print that same way. After some testing, I happened to notice that the numbers that are below 110999 do not get cut off, but when the invoice numbers go to anything 111xxx, the numbers are getting cut off!  No amount of adjusting the boxes in the form seems to fix this.  (So there must be a magic adjustment I don't know about!)

Seriously, what can we do?  Our invoices are going to keep looking crappy until we get this cleared up!  REALLY Weird!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
prophet

Re: Weird Printing Issue with Invoices
Reply #1 - 08/08/17 at 15:04:02

Did you guys modify your forms. I couldn't duplicate that issue and they seem to work and look fine with invoice numbers that long?

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 08/14/17 at 16:02:47

The form was modified a very, very long time ago, 2007-ish.  It has not been modified since then and the file date and times confirm this.  They do print fine for any invoice numbers prior to any that start with 111...it's the absolute strangest thing! Since 111 takes up less space than say, 123 or 190 or anything else one would think that spacing would not be an issue.  But it is cut off on the right side of the number.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 08/15/17 at 06:36:02

Made an executive decision - after patching last night and the problem still existed, I just decided to center align the inv # field and the date below that and accounting will live with not everything being right-justified. I have to move on to more important tasks that need my time.  This workaround works for us.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print